CFB Book

St Louis Cardinals

Hey guys, I am attempting to make this "book" which covers every new and some recently new college football uniforms/helmets. I just wanted to get some advice on the presentation. I am hoping to make this a .pdf available to everyone when I finish, although I am not sure how to do that yet.

Here are two examples. The top is the same for the entire conference, so the color doesn't change.

14_zpsjqevkx68.jpg2_zps4orqkble.jpg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

White space. That's the first thing that comes to mind. Also, familiarize yourself with a horizon line -- that will help your layout flow a little more. Right now, there's no visual heirarchy to me -- it all feels a little thrown together. Some layout basics like standardized headers, columns, and white space will really help.

Check the article out below for some help -- I think once you figure out a page style, it will all flow together. Consider all the options when you do it (some teams might have 5 combos, something like that) so you can come up with alternative layouts without having to go back to the drawing board. Neat idea!

http://inspirationhut.net/articles/what-makes-a-good-magazine-layout-the-honest-opinion/

Thank you for the comments. While I agree to a point what JBSlinky said, I feel like all that text would clutter up the cover, so I am gonna leave it as it is. Dougfresh, I appreciate your input and link, but I have very little text (basically what I have shown you is all the text I have so far). Also I have had trouble finding what the horizon line is. Could the color blocks on the top and bottom be easily changed to a horizon line? And as for making it not look so thrown together, I am thinking about making 3-4 thin black outlined boxes in set positions on each page and just using that as a template for each page. I am hoping that would make everything look less thrown together. And BPO, I do feel those kind of things would be cool, and any more suggestions are welcome, although I am just trying to complete the main stuff before I begin to think about anything else.

Thanks again for all your comments.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Archived