raysox's A-League

raysox

Ballarat Red Devils

So I finished my A-League series! I took a few weeks off because, if you didn't know, cranking out 28 concepts is not particularly easy. I took some time off to work on my next project because I was more interested in that than soccer for a few weeks. That being said, this guy sucks.

fuck%2Bthis%2Bguy.png
I appreciate every comment I get, both good and bad. But this one really killed me. First of all, I have a life. I don't get much time on the computer some days, and honestly, this series fell out of favor. I was always going to put everything into my last few concepts. I don't really do concepts for anyone but myself, especially for someone this rude for me taking my merry time to post concepts. Lastly, I'm not the one who made a lot of mid major cities in Queensland. I'm not done with the series, so for you, here's a team from Victoria.
Finally to the concept. I found out this team was originally colored red for Liverpool, but currently wear a kit like Manchester United. It all fits into the Red Devils nickname the current team has. I almost made this team a 4th Melbourne team but decided that this cold be something really cool. The logo is a squat badge with a crossed pick axe and pitchfork, to represent both city and club.
The kits are very plain, but I thought were striking enough. They're modeled after ManU, and so is the team, because red/white/black is a damn good look. And that's coming from a Chelsea supporter. The clash was me thinking yellow and red is underrated. I played around with some Nike type designs but ended up making hoops with red and yellow.
Ballarat.png

First of all: :censored: that guy. :lol: I know it's going to get censored, but the word I used rhymes with a verb used to get corn out of the husk.

Second of all: Bruh.

Third of all: BRUH.

You're KILLING IT with the design on these. The template, the presentation, the unis, the whole nine.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on a soccer inkscape tutorial? No problem if the answer is no, btw.

I mean, it's pretty similar to my hockey one. I use the same techniques for everything and I can't imagine that it would be very different. Unless you're asking for a crest tutorial, which I could probably do next soccer series I'm planning later this summer.

But thanks for all the kind words, I'm gonna finish this up this week then take a week off for finals and come early May I'll start posting my new series.

Okay thanks. Great concepts here btw

spacer.png

Adelaide City

This was one that was suggested a lot. The team is really old and they have a classic crest. This wasn't much of a rebrand, but a not to acknowledge them as the 2nd team of Adelaide. I cleaned up the crest, because there isn't any clean version that I could find online. The kits are the standard Juventus kits that the club has sported for their history. The clash was black, but when I posted Fremantle, I realized that that game would be fairly hard to watch. I went ahead and made it green, because the color isn't used as much and would work as a clash.

AdelaideCity.png

It's weird how opposite Adelaide City is from Adelaide United.

The original Australian NSL was full of clubs with an ethnic base, and Adelaide City was (and still is in the South Australian state league) a very Italian club. That became problematic at some games with violence etc.

When they started the A League, they made a massive effort to avoid any ethnic division, with each club designed to represent the area. The colours of Red, navy and gold are the state colours of South Australia, and they went with predominantly red for Adelaide United.

There is still some hooliganism issues at A League games, but it's not along ethnic lines as much, and a lot of it is just because they get much, much bigger crowds than they did in the old NSL days.

It's weird how opposite Adelaide City is from Adelaide United.

The original Australian NSL was full of clubs with an ethnic base, and Adelaide City was (and still is in the South Australian state league) a very Italian club. That became problematic at some games with violence etc.

When they started the A League, they made a massive effort to avoid any ethnic division, with each club designed to represent the area. The colours of Red, navy and gold are the state colours of South Australia, and they went with predominantly red for Adelaide United.

There is still some hooliganism issues at A League games, but it's not along ethnic lines as much, and a lot of it is just because they get much, much bigger crowds than they did in the old NSL days.

Thanks

Sydney, Wollongong, or Melbourne?

Wollongong!

image.jpg.155faab7d9af838dcc16facded816fimage.jpg

All credit goes to their respective creators (Veras and hawkfan89)

image.jpg

Wollongong Wolves
The Wollongong Wolves were the long term name of the club in the city of Wollongong. They used to play in the top league before the A-League was formed, and since they have been kicking around the regional leagues. The team is currently the South Coast Wolves, so I went back to the old name due to the amount of teams in this league, and the more specific name. The logo was an idea I had that looked like the Arkansas State logo, but it evolved to what you see below. I did a beveled border, with a red and black inside and a wolf I drew from scratch on the bottom. I used some logos like the Timberwolves as a reference.

The kits are classic head to red. I put some Nike touches to it. The clash is bright yellow and black, which is almost the literal opposite of the homes.
Wollongong.png

Archived