raysox's A-League

raysox

You can get the template on the first page of the thread

I know, but the template on the first page is a svg file.

that's because that's what the template is, its a vector. Inkscape is free and you can open svg files with that. If you're looking for a png file, you're going to have to trace it yourself.

Ok thx.

spacer.png

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ipswich Dons FC

I was working on all of these, and in my head I had a checklist of things I wanted. I wanted a team with halves as their shirts, and a team with claret and blue as a color scheme. The name Dons was suggested in the poll, and the more I saw it the more I loved it. I wanted it to seem like this team was somewhere in the English system. The logo is in quarters. There's an FC, a ball, a cross from the Queensland flag, and some stripes.

The kits are simple, they're halves with a normal and a darker shade so there wouldn't be much contrast between the two sides. The kits are New Balance, even though I think they should still fund Warrior.

Ipswich.png

Version 1

I like it overall I gotta say. You can't go wrong with a shield pattern, and the halves pattern looks awesome. The colors look great together, but I'm a little sad there isn't a whole lot of blue in the uniforms. I understand the idea behind making the FC the darker shade of claret, but it is hard to notice. I'm not sure what you could do to fix that, but I'm not sure that it sitting as it is would work well. Also, this may be an illusion, but it appears that the NOB is off center - it may be an illusion caused by the pattern between the halves, but it may also be an error. Beyond that, it looks awesome. Top notch once again, raysox.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

There's actually a few things wrong with Ipswich! I forgot to change the patch to A-League 2. Updated above.

Christchurch Saints FC

What's a soccer league without a team called the Saints? There was some confusion on the poll about this team. Expand the A-League suggested Canterbury, and I thought it was a suburb of Sydney(Melbourne too). All the responses were to the tune of "Which Canterbury?" Well turns out Christchurch, New Zealand is in the Canterbury Region itself. Christchurch would be home to the 3rd and last Kiwi team. I needed to be different from the yellow and blue teams from New Zealand, so I went with red. My idea was something so boring, it looks like the team had been created 80 years ago I went with a sash, and from there on it decided the fate of the jerseys.
The home kit would potentially be iconic, white with a red stripe and red shorts, something that really could be rare. Just like River Plate. I went navy on the road to look like the flag of the country, and that it wouldn't ever clash with Auckland City.
Christchurch.png
Edit - I just realized that I posted the Christchurch Saints on Easter.

Christchurch Saints FC

What's a soccer league without a team called the Saints? There was some confusion on the poll about this team. Expand the A-League suggested Canterbury, and I thought it was a suburb of Sydney(Melbourne too). All the responses were to the tune of "Which Canterbury?" Well turns out Christchurch, New Zealand is in the Canterbury Region itself. Christchurch would be home to the 3rd and last Kiwi team. I needed to be different from the yellow and blue teams from New Zealand, so I went with red. My idea was something so boring, it looks like the team had been created 80 years ago I went with a sash, and from there on it decided the fate of the jerseys.
The home kit would potentially be iconic, white with a red stripe and red shorts, something that really could be rare. Just like River Plate. I went navy on the road to look like the flag of the country, and that it wouldn't ever clash with Auckland City.
Christchurch.png
Edit - I just realized that I posted the Christchurch Saints on Easter.

My hometown team - Love it!

I think you might have stumbled upon something here too. Canterbury/Christchurch is very much red & black territory, so the colours are about right (black away strip please!), and for "the most English city outside of England" red and white aren't bad ideas either. IMO the sash should be left-shoulder to right-hip, so the crest is on it, but that be nitpicking.

Are you going to do a Gold Coast team? They used to have a team in the A-League until the owner messed up and the A-League revoked their league license and the franchise folded in 2012. Gold Coast is the sixth largest city in Australia and they have two very nice stadiums for use. You brought back North Queensland Fury. I don't see why not Gold Coast United as well.

Gold Coast United

I didn't realize how big Gold Coast was until I did the concept, but they still were once a part o the A-League before folding. I relegated them, but really wanted Gold Coast to carry on the United name for logistical reasons. The big beach there is named Surfer's Paradise, so I played the crest off that. Making a surf board shape, I did a logo similar to one you'd see in Italy.

The kits are Reebok, something different and something I haven't done before. The template is pretty weird with tons of angles and stuff. I chose Telstra as a sponsor because it's the same colors. I tried to keep the home kit like the one of the former team, and then the clash was just a color scheme I hadn't used yet.

GoldCoast.png

Really dig Gold Coast. The crest and colors are really nice, and definitely give off a surfing vibe. The Reebok kits are interesting...it'd be cool to see them get back into the team sports world (other than NHL and CFL) with their new brand.

Good work on Christchurch and Gold Coast. The sash works well for Christchurch, and the look of the logo does feel old. Not completely sold on the dark navy clash, but it works well too. Not much to say for them overall. For Gold Coast, I love the tie in between the Italian-style logos and the surfboard imagery (something I may need to look at in the future), and it looks great translated to the kit. Definitely an upgrade to their old logo, which was a little too busy and cartoonish. I feel like you could've gone with a double-blue stripe down the middle in the style of what the logo had, but that'd probably end up requiring a change in sponsorship and wouldn't translate well on the clash (which is a lovely shade of pink by the way). Overall, a big fan of both looks, and I can't wait to see what you make next.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived