raysox's A-League

raysox

Leagues.png

I listened, and I moved the middle green down and introduced a lighter green. Thanks for the comments! I'm gonna start updating the patches on the jerseys and will post one later.

Excellent update! I didn't even think to try that with the stripes. I think it totally works. Very, very nice!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Originally, I had a gradient from red to yellow, and ablue to green. but that didn't get good reviews. I then made one yellow and one gold, but it'd didn't represent the league well. If Australia was known for yellow or green, then I think it would work. The Dutch league color could be just orange and it would work great. However the green and yellow are equally shared. So I did the top and bottom half logos you see now.

Brisbane Roar

I decided to go in alphabetical order, but do the existing teams first. I never did the Roar on my last attempt. They had a logo that looked like it belong to a lacrosse team, and not a soccer club. Going into this year, they intoduced a new logo and a kick ass clean look. I piggy-backed off this idea because I love clean looks. I kept the logo because there's nothing I could do to make it any better. Paired with Umbro, this should bethe classiest look I do. They have a orange set and a white set. I mixed both. I did the same variation of colors that I used on my Houston Dynamo concept from the 2030 series. The black really pops with the white and the limited orange.

Brisbane.png

Definitely feeling the Houston Dynamo inspiration with the Roar's primary. I'm not really feeling using the same shorts for Adelaide's clash. Could it hurt to give them a second pair and just give them the option to wear the primary shorts with the clash if they want? The color balance just seems really off with the yellow trim of the shorts only appearing in the sleeve logos of the jersey and all that red in the shorts only popping up a little bit with the sponsor wordmark (which would only be red if the sponsor allowed, right?) and the numbers on the back, meaning there's a chance you could be looking at them from the front and see red shorts with no red on the jersey. I sorta wish the sash was on the white jersey, actually, since then you'd be able to see all 3 colors.

On another note, I'd definitely download the link to an FM mod of this concept. I only just got on the bus with FM 2015 (after playing the FM 2014 demo), so hopefully someone would do a mod for the current game too.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Been looking forward to this for a while so thrilled to see it.

Like what you've done here so far. A few things that I don't like though…

The Adelaide crest seems a little too plain. Like the kits though.

I think carrying the PSG-style stripe onto the home kit (with a white stripe) would look great for Brisbane. Not really digging the tonal sash on the home kit, especially because that shade of orange doesn't show up anywhere else.

6fQjS3M.png

Sorry to be a douchey editor here, but I noticed in your presentation for Adelaide, you have it as "Adelaide FC United." Is that an intentional swap of FC and United?

That's really the only questions/critique. Stellar work, as usual.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Love the Brisbane logo—the composition of the lion and banner is excellent. The kits look great as well, though I agree a little bit with crashcarson on the tonal sash. I don't think it looks bad, but there may be a better way to incorporate it. I'd also add some black trim to the clash socks to match the stripe on the shirt.

Sorry to be a douchey editor here, but I noticed in your presentation for Adelaide, you have it as "Adelaide FC United." Is that an intentional swap of FC and United?

You're right, i just messed it up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Brisbane change? I wanted really boring for the look, and Crash said the PSG style on the home.

Sweet baby Jesus, Brisbane is great. I feel that any time anyone slaps an Umbro logo on a kit, it makes a classier kit even more classy. Plus the stripe down the middle on the clash is really beautiful! Great set, and I'm glad that you released the template, even though I need to convert it to .PSG because Illustartor is bizarre to me.

That's what- She

I can't think of anything that you could do with Brisbane really. All that I can think of is having a little more black in the home set, but even then that wouldn't be much really. It's a very solid set regardless.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

You're right, i just messed it up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Brisbane change? I wanted really boring for the look, and Crash said the PSG style on the home.

A PSG style kit would be nice. You could always go the Arsenal route with an orange torso and white sleeves.

gYH2mW9.png

Thanks guys, I'll go back after that Roar concept soon.

Central Coast Mariners

I did Central Coast in my last attempt, but wanted to change a lot. I did a circular logo with an anchor. It was okay, but maybe a little boring. I ended up just breaking up the current crest. Right now, it's the New York Cosmos esque wave with the words above it. It doesn't look like one, if you know what I mean. I wanted to enclose it. I put a new ball in the middle of the wave, and ran the words around it.

I kept it Kappa for this one, unlike Adelaide. Currently they just have blue side panels, so I made it more of an Ajax look. Yellow is pretty rare in the A-League system I've done, so this would stand out. The clash is a white top with a band across the chest, and the addition of light blue pants for some color.

CentralCoast.png

Archived