raysox's A-League

raysox

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, two teams! Can't complain there. They both look really good, so my critiques are really minor here. The Cats have one of my favorite looks in the AFL, so it's great to see that look carried over to their A-League counterpart. I'm not big on the black boomerangs on the blue stripe in the logo, as it's kinda hard to see. I'd make them white instead so that they can stand out more. Also, is there a particular reason for the magenta highlights on the clash jersey? I'm also glad to see the Fury back in action, and it's a good color choice and logo upgrade that you gave them. Going the Switchbacks route is a good idea, but I'm not completely sold on the tapered stripes. Maybe it'll grow on me. Also a fan of the bomb pop look for their home. Excellent work on both of them. Also excited to see what cities will be featured in the second tier. I have my suspicions on where they could end up (second teams for Perth and Adelaide as well as Darwin, Hobart, Cairns, and Gold Coast), but I can't wait to be surprised by what other cities are used. I assume that the second level will also have 14 teams?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

can you make a fm 15 mod when you are done?

I don't know how to but I want someone to!

I know a little but not enough for sure assuming it take more then the editor to do it.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I'd have the Fury in Div 2 and Tasmania (Hobart) in the top league.

Also not sure if they told you but Albury - Wodonga has a population of around the same as Geelong.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I wanted the boomerangs to be really subtle and they blended better in navy. The clash is just to clash and I love hot pink and black.

If you were going for subtlety you certainly achieved that, as I totally didn't notice them the first time. And I gotta agree with you there, pink and black is a favorite combination of mine. Can't wait to see what A-League 2 brings!

spacer.png

Also not sure if they told you but Albury - Wodonga has a population of around the same as Geelong.

I've been thinking about making it two 16 team leagues and that would be a potential candidate for one of the 4. Didn't know that existed!

Perth is looking pretty lonely over there on the west coast. I guess it can't be helped, assuming that the majority of the population in the Land Down Under is indeed in the east. Have you given thought to creating/adding teams from other nearby countries? Indonesia, Singapore, Fiji, etc.

I've been thinking about making it two 16 team leagues and that would be a potential candidate for one of the 4. Didn't know that existed!

If you need a hand with some of the sizes of the Cities and areas then just let me know.

This is who i would have before Geelong and North Queensland, besides the sides you have already added.

In order

Hobart - Tasmania needs a National side in any sport to make it a part of the whole country and would be willing to support anything

Ipswich the second biggest area after Brisbane in QLD is usually counted as Brisbane but it is similar to that of many other big cities in the US where two cities become one.

Sunshine Coast a large area but has no other National League team here and has over 100,000 more people than Geelong

Darwin same as Tassie

Albury - Wodonga has a population of around 95,000 people and is similar set up as the Twin Cities cross border and cross Murray River.

Wollongong - Illawarra did have a side back in the old NSL and would be around the same as Geelong for worthyness.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Well the teams are set and I don't plan on swapping.

Tasmania United

The A-League concepts finished last night, and I heard the most about how dumb I am for not putting a team in Tasmania. Well here is that team.

Even though there is a team called Tasmania United, this is completely done from scratch. First, I saw the colors of the state are green red and yellow. I thought of an idea for a Barcelona striped look using green instead of blue. So I went from there. The crest shape is pretty similar to the shape of Tasmania. It features a banner across it, and an updated lion from the state flag.

The kits, like I said before, are inspired by Barcelona. I like how the yellow pops off the two stripes a lot, and I feel like it's unique to any colored stripes I've ever done before. I threw in a little shading in the red to make it a little less boring. The clash clashes with the rest with a nice blue-aqua color.

Tasmania.png

I love the Tassie set.

I wasn't inferring that you should change the sides around just that it would be better that way.

All good. Tobe honest, I let Expand the A-League give me their ideas for which teams go where, and I made the executive orders. But like I said, I've gotten heat from the decisions hahah.

Will be posting 2 concepts today, kinda.

Well the teams are set and I don't plan on swapping.

Tasmania United

The A-League concepts finished last night, and I heard the most about how dumb I am for not putting a team in Tasmania. Well here is that team.
Even though there is a team called Tasmania United, this is completely done from scratch. First, I saw the colors of the state are green red and yellow. I thought of an idea for a Barcelona striped look using green instead of blue. So I went from there. The crest shape is pretty similar to the shape of Tasmania. It features a banner across it, and an updated lion from the state flag.
The kits, like I said before, are inspired by Barcelona. I like how the yellow pops off the two stripes a lot, and I feel like it's unique to any colored stripes I've ever done before. I threw in a little shading in the red to make it a little less boring. The clash clashes with the rest with a nice blue-aqua color.
Tasmania.png

Two more beautiful sets. The colors look great; that green, burgundy and yellow uni is a true eyecatcher. And the vibrant azure uniform would look great in reality on TV, specially under floodlights! Just a little nitpicking: Not sure if the crest might even look a little better, cleaner without the drop shadow effect underneath that banner? Anyway, great job and a very entertaining thread!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Cairns Flying Foxes

So if you didn't know, I posted a poll trying to figure out team names for the teams. I got a lot of great responses, and the majority of the teams were spun off from this poll. One I really liked were the Cairns Taipans. The Taipan is the 3rd most venomous snake in the world, and native to the Northeastern city of Cairns. The logo is the shape of the head, and forms the snake with the team name over it. I went with 3 shades of brown to match the colors of the snakes. Here it is.

CairnsTaipans.png

But my friend Lachlan Sands, who is an Australian, pointed out the team already exists. The Cairns Taipans are a team i the Australian basketball team. So it was back to square one. Then@HockeyBrunch suggested the name "Flying Foxes". The Flying Fox is a nickname for a massive bat that he saw fly in bunches over the mango trees when he was in Cairns. I looked it up and it'd be so unique I had to do it.

I made a simple crest with a bat silhouette, which is different from Batman. I made the orange and white pop as much as I could. The kits are Under Armour, and I recolored the ones I made for the Taipans. I did all black for the home, then all mango for the clash because it'd be pretty unique color wise.

Cairns.png

Three Two very awesome concepts here. I am in love with what you did with Tasmania - the colors are fantastic, both uniforms are amazing, everything just clicks. You could fool around with the dropshadow if you want to like Go Red Sox suggested, but I dont know how much better or worse it'd look, so adjust and see if you want to make the change. For Cairns, I have some fond memories of the city when I visited, but I can't say that I expected the flying fox moniker and the orange and black colors. Not that I'm complaining, as it's an amazing concept as well. My main concern would be the colors - I get too much of a Halloween vibe from it. I get the significance behind the mango color, but I'm not sure what people would think of it. Maybe darken the orange a tad or something, but I'm not sure. Not a problem for me, but may end up being one for others. Also, a small side note - I would've loved to see the Taipans nickname work, but due to the NBL team it doesn't, which is a shame. Beyond that, nice work on both of them.

spacer.png

maybe have a fox instead of a bat on the crest

Did you even read the description? It is a bat, not a fox. Should the Columbus Cottonmouths hockey team have a cotton ball instead of a snake? No.

I really love the first kits but love the second crest so I'm torn. I'm a sucker for double brown so I would probably have to side on the Taipans despite being an existing team in another league - not like it's unheard of for that to happen.

Archived