NFL Uniform Tweaks - Texans Added 5-13-16

Ice Man

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That hawks uniform is gorgeous!

I'd love to see what you could do with Denver, Tennessee, and Houston if you wouldn't mind! Three looks that really need brought into the present.

Thank you! I really like how these turned out as well aside from it being Seahawks (Niners fan haha).

I do have a Titans tweak that's basically done that will get posted eventually.

What's wrong with Texans in your opinion? Mainly asking so I can possibly get ideas as I also have Texans basically done but if you're not a fan of the current look in general, probably won't like my Texans much lol.

Broncos I haven't touched yet so I'll have to brainstorm on them later but haven't had anything come to mind for them yet.

I just think there is so much room for creativity in Houston's brand, yet they are one of the most boring looking teams in the league.

Denver is tough. Every Denver concept on here ends up looking the same: orange uniform, blue capped sleeves.

Beautiful Steelers concept. Small change that improves the set greatly.

That hawks uniform is gorgeous!

I'd love to see what you could do with Denver, Tennessee, and Houston if you wouldn't mind! Three looks that really need brought into the present.

Thank you! I really like how these turned out as well aside from it being Seahawks (Niners fan haha).

I do have a Titans tweak that's basically done that will get posted eventually.

What's wrong with Texans in your opinion? Mainly asking so I can possibly get ideas as I also have Texans basically done but if you're not a fan of the current look in general, probably won't like my Texans much lol.

Broncos I haven't touched yet so I'll have to brainstorm on them later but haven't had anything come to mind for them yet.

I just think there is so much room for creativity in Houston's brand, yet they are one of the most boring looking teams in the league.

Denver is tough. Every Denver concept on here ends up looking the same: orange uniform, blue capped sleeves.

Beautiful Steelers concept. Small change that improves the set greatly.

WinTheDay8 I feel you on the Texans being "bland" although I have to say I think they look good and their set hasn't fallen victim to looking severely dated after 10+ seasons. I'll keep in mind to switch up the Texans look when the juices are flowing.

"orange uniform, blue capped sleeves" - haha not going to front, I was working on Denver last night and this is essentially what I have so far

Philadelphia Eagles:

Count me as in of the people that'd love to see the Eagles return to Kelly Green.

For this set, the Eagles go back to Kelly Green and have metallic silver as secondary color.

Tried to avoid using black at all on these uni's as the jersey numbers are white w/ a metallic silver outline.

Spoilers: I tried out the same mock ups and swapping out the Kelly Green for current Midnight Green and thought it actually looked pretty sharp so here's the same set from above but keeping the current Midnight Green for those like the current green.

x4VuucO.pngEOmfq6z.png

I7Itabx.png
eAD2ghm.png

Wow, love these! Well done.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Baltimore Ravens:

Here's what I came up with for Baltimore.

For current real life uni's, there's some details I'm not really fond of for them:

- Lack of pants striping on the black pants that gives them the yoga pants look

- Only making the yoga pants look even more exaggerated is how they seem to only wear black socks w/ the black pants

- Number font seems outdated to me even though it admittedly works for the "Ravens"/Edgar Allan Poe theme. While unique, it's still a little too cartoony looking to me

Main features on my set:

- I don't know much about Maryland in general but the flag seems to be extremely popular on apparel and etc.

So while the real life uni's have that crest logo that has the official flag mixed in, I took it another level and thought of making each sleeve having each of the 2 parts of the flag broken up and displayed on their own. This might be borderline gimmicky and NCAA-like but I thought it'd be a good way to modernize the jersey and continue the Maryland flag love and at same time keeping it somewhat subdued and realistic.

The left sleeve is entirely made of the "cross bottony" print in black and Ravens purple while the right sleeve is entirely made of the checkered pattern in black and Ravens purple. I think keeping the flag patterns in the team colors to blend in rather than doing it in official flag colors makes it less gimmicky and in your face and would have longer shelf life.

- I've relegated the Ravens crest logo as a patch near the collar area similar to how the Steelers have their logo there.

- Changed the number font to something that's similar but a little less cartoony to me and done in same color blocking.

- Added pants striping to the black pants. The purple jersey-black pants combo in real life has mainly bad reviews b/c of the solid black pants but I actually don't mind the Ravens using this combo; as long as they would add some type of pants striping to it.

I think TCU pulls off the purple jersey-black pants combo well so they're an example that it can be done IMO but the Ravens in real life are slacking on that.

- Kept the black alt as an option as I think it works for a team like the Ravens.

vYT5XBe.png7fQL8ZU.pngFFXKDhT.png

In case anyone's not familar w/ the Maryland flag, here's a pic of the flag below along with recolored version in black and purple to give better idea of what I was going for on the sleeves:

92jYiUo.png

Best concepts I've ever seen!

Thank you!

I've gotta say that I like all of the Steeler concepts, especially changing away from the italicized numbers. The incorporation of the red and blue as simple stripe sleeves didn't bother me a bit. Well done!

Thank you! I thought the red/blue stripes may be too much and still kinda do but if you ignore real life tradition, I think it could work.

I prefer the Steelers without blue and red on the uniforms...it kinda clutters an otherwise perfect color scheme.

No disagreement here! The set in the spoilers is more in line with how I'd fix them.

Wow, love these! Well done.

Thank you!

That is probably the best Baltimore Ravens concept I've seen in a while honestly. People try to go to modern with them but I like there simple look. But you made it way better. I like what you did with the flag. And I also like the font I already know there will be some that will say change it but I think it'll give the uniforms more character.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I think that the incorporation of the flag for the Ravens gives a subtle yet perfect touch to these jerseys. I've seen a lot of Ravens concepts where it's just too much, but this is great. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the number font. Other than that I love it!

I think that the incorporation of the flag for the Ravens gives a subtle yet perfect touch to these jerseys. I've seen a lot of Ravens concepts where it's just too much, but this is great. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the number font. Other than that I love it!

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say.thumbsup.jpg

spacer.png

That is probably the best Baltimore Ravens concept I've seen in a while honestly. People try to go to modern with them but I like there simple look. But you made it way better. I like what you did with the flag. And I also like the font I already know there will be some that will say change it but I think it'll give the uniforms more character.

Thank you!

Thank you! Any suggestions on style of number font you'd think would be better?

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say.thumbsup.jpg

Thank you! Any suggestions on style of number font you'd think would be better?

Here's the home set w/ the Red Raider font. Not sure if I like this particular font better but it does have more of the modern/new age look (hence it being an UA font lol). Hard to see since it's small but the "Ravens" text below the collar does look more Ravens-like in this font.

f8qlAGw.png

Using the Maryland flag in Ravens concepts has become somewhat cliche, but I think you incorporated it very well. This is one of the few Ravens concepts I'd actually want to see on the field. I like the first number font better, though.

In your Steelers concept, I'm not a big fan of the inclusion of the red and blue on the sleeves.

This is definitely one of the better NFL series I've seen on here in a while.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived