NFL Uniform Tweaks - Texans Added 5-13-16

Ice Man

It's been almost a year since I've posted anything in here. 

Finally have had some free time to play around more so decided to get back to this thread.

Atlanta Falcons:

I saw @elliott thread : 

where he incorporated the gray into the Falcons logo and loved the idea for it so I borrowed it for this concept. Full credit goes to him for this. I think making the gray more prominent in the logo is a perfect next step for any Falcons concepts using the current logo but bringing the gray back in the uniform set which I've done here.

Made black the primary home jersey again. I know lot of people seem to be anti-black for anything if you're not the Raiders but I think having a black primary jersey is acceptable and suits the Falcons fine as long as there's a good balance of red in the set which I believe I've done here.

Red helmet w/ black facemask

Lot of Falcons concepts on here seem to use the feathers in the Falcon logo as a basis for the sleeve striping. After playing around with it for awhile, I couldn't really think of anything that would tie back to the feathers that either hasn't been done before or anything I liked.

So I decided to actually go the opposite route and went a little old school here with the traditional striping with the Falcon logo on top of the striping.

Used a @Conrad. developed font for the jersey numbers and as a common "reasoning", chose a font that looked "sleek and fast" for Falcons lol.

Went w/ gray pants as the primary pants colors with white as an option.

Did the Red jersey as an alternate.

Look forward to reading some CC and I'll try to work on some more teams that I haven't done yet.

nNVIdxA.png

luyvsIP.png

TSCxMkm.png

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ice Man said:

It's been almost a year since I've posted anything in here. 

Finally have had some free time to play around more so decided to get back to this thread.

Atlanta Falcons:

I saw @elliott thread : 

where he incorporated the gray into the Falcons logo and loved the idea for it so I borrowed it for this concept. Full credit goes to him for this. I think making the gray more prominent in the logo is a perfect next step for any Falcons concepts using the current logo but bringing the gray back in the uniform set which I've done here.

Made black the primary home jersey again. I know lot of people seem to be anti-black for anything if you're not the Raiders but I think having a black primary jersey is acceptable and suits the Falcons fine as long as there's a good balance of red in the set which I believe I've done here.

Red helmet w/ black facemask

Lot of Falcons concepts on here seem to use the feathers in the Falcon logo as a basis for the sleeve striping. After playing around with it for awhile, I couldn't really think of anything that would tie back to the feathers that either hasn't been done before or anything I liked.

So I decided to actually go the opposite route and went a little old school here with the traditional striping with the Falcon logo on top of the striping.

Used a @Conrad. developed font for the jersey numbers and as a common "reasoning", chose a font that looked "sleek and fast" for Falcons lol.

Went w/ gray pants as the primary pants colors with white as an option.

Did the Red jersey as an alternate.

Look forward to reading some CC and I'll try to work on some more teams that I haven't done yet.

nNVIdxA.png

luyvsIP.png

TSCxMkm.png

The stripes on the helmet would help make the Uniform  look standout 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

@BenD @scraw28

Here's the set w/ white pants and added striping to helmet.

Tweaked the red alt jersey and changed the numbers from gray to white. I know the OG's had gray numbers but white seemed to pop more and was a cleaner look IMO. 

Added black pants as an option since you can look at my first post to see how gray pants look.

NWggbhB.png

EUBODvG.png

1Ojgh8L.png

Up next:

Jacksonville Jaguars:

Nothing too crazy here once again if you can gather from my tastes.

I know a popular theme for Jaguars concepts is to add the Jaguar print pattern but just doesn't look right to me. Might be showing my age here (mid 20's) but anytime I see Jaguar/Leopard/Cheetah/just about any wild jungle cat print pattern, it reminds me of strip clubs and/or strippers that have that pattern as a tattoo on their body. Nothing wrong w/ strippers and strip clubs lol but I don't think this theme belongs on an NFL uniform.

Toned down the Jaguars uniforms and changed the helmet from the odd fail-gradient that's been trashed enough in detail since it came out. The helmet is now back to a black-teal traditional gradient that flows a lot better IMO than the black and gold.

Removed the odd collar area "piping" and made the sleeve caps feature the shield logo.

Kept the same number/letter font the team currently has as I actually like how it looks for them.

The Home jersey has switched to Teal again w/ black pants.

The Road jersey features standard white jersey w/ black pants.

The Alt jersey features the black jersey. Initially had the cliche monochrome black pants as the default option but liked the idea of black jersey and teal pants so went w/ that. Black pants is an option though as seen on the board.

Look forward to C&C

HRy6TYz.png

KdRlnoC.png

59qtw53.png

Guest darkpiranha

Looks pretty solid from top to bottom.  The Jags feel more menacing somehow.  I usually go for something more out of the box, but this pleases me.  I think you re-introduced just the right amount of gold.  And the teal feels deeper and bolder than I remember it normally being.  

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Looks pretty solid from top to bottom.  The Jags feel more menacing somehow.  I usually go for something more out of the box, but this pleases me.  I think you re-introduced just the right amount of gold.  And the teal feels deeper and bolder than I remember it normally being.  

Thank you!

I think I know what you're saying about feeling more menacing. The Jags honestly have a very promising core of young star players and just pains me to think that if/when they do become world beaters, they're going to be playing in those disastrous gold/black helmets.

I think my concept more gives off a look of a pro team as basic and simple it is. 

As for the teal looking bolder, I actually just used the fill tool and used the same teal that's in the Jags logo.

Jags are definitely leaving a lot of wasted aesthetic potential on table by not featuring teal more IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Up next:

Detroit Lions

Once again, nothing too innovative here. Keeping it fairly simple and classic.

The most common complaint about Lions I see on here is their use of black. I'll admit I'm in the 1% here on that topic and actually don't mind black being an accent color for Lions. I personally think it helps add some much needed contrast between the silver and white on the uniforms. 

But nevertheless I took black out of the logo and uniforms for these mockups I did.

Brought back the blue pants as the primary pants for the road uniforms.

Didn't want to make this set too generic looking so I used a Conrad font for the numbers. I know this number font may not be too well received but I wanted to have some element be a little different for this set.

Look forward to C&C.

U6SQ6qn.png

bnGyTa1.png

Up next:

New England Patriots

Taking the Pats back to their old school look with the shoulder striping.

Kept the helmet the same along with the general navy jersey/gray pants for the home and white jersey/navy pants for the road.

I actually don't mind the Pats' current Navy/Gray/Red palette in general. Really the main gripe I have w/ the current uniform set is the piping/side panels on the jerseys. 

Added in a red alt jersey as a nod to the past w/ a modern twist using the current colors.

NSatUJr.png

MMyXxFU.png

B4bn1t8.png

Archived