Nike, NFL extend deal through 2019

WinTheDay8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that the Packers will finally get the Elite 51 treatment this upcoming season. Majority of the players want the speed template look compared to the other NFL teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers, Falcons, and Raiders will follow suit as well. The original template is a dying breed, and it looks like the Elite 51/speed template is here to stay.

My guess is that the Packers will finally get the Elite 51 treatment this upcoming season. Majority of the players want the speed template look compared to the other NFL teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers, Falcons, and Raiders will follow suit as well. The original template is a dying breed, and it looks like the Elite 51/speed template is here to stay.

I don't see the Packers moving away from their traditional collar and switching to the flywire, so unless they can keep their same collar on the newer template, it won't happen.

I don't see the Packers moving away from their traditional collar and switching to the flywire, so unless they can keep their same collar on the newer template, it won't happen.

They should be able to. The Patriots were able to.

Julian_Edelman_2014.JPG

The Bills also have a traditional collar now:

orton-kyle-111314-getty-ftrjpg_z1nwmm4k3

I didn't say they should move away from the traditional collar, they do not have to. I am just saying they could switch to the Elite 51 fabric on their jerseys like 28 other teams have already did, including the Eagles last year.

I pray to God they don't...we've all seen how great the Jets look in their three-green patchwork jerseys.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

They better not. The collar makes us unique.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

I didn't say they should move away from the traditional collar, they do not have to. I am just saying they could switch to the Elite 51 fabric on their jerseys like 28 other teams have already did, including the Eagles last year.

No, you said "Majority of the players want the speed template look compared to the other NFL teams."

Echoing Gothamite - source?

As for the switch, Packer fans like having one shade of green on our jersey.

It's where I sit.

No, you said "Majority of the players want the speed template look compared to the other NFL teams."

I don't think the packers will switch until nike develops a jersey fabric with some sheen. I have to think that their matte material trend will cycle out of fashion and we'll see some teams go back to the 90's-00's shine.

Also did the packers ever modify their pants with the nike changeover or are they still using the rbk/ripon model.

I don't think the packers will switch until nike develops a jersey fabric with some sheen. I have to think that their matte material trend will cycle out of fashion and we'll see some teams go back to the 90's-00's shine.

Also did the packers ever modify their pants with the nike changeover or are they still using the rbk/ripon model.

I thought I heard that they had switched this year - something about using the same material as was used in the throwback pants. Of course, I could have that one backwards.

It's where I sit.

And see the Packers suffer like the Jets did because apparently making a jersey a unified shade of green is beyond Nike? No thanks.

And see the Packers suffer like the Jets did because apparently making a jersey a unified shade of green is beyond Nike? No thanks.

It's a single shade of green that just happens to be ugly and visually inconsistent across fabrics.

It's a single shade of green that just happens to be ugly and visually inconsistent across fabrics.

We've done this dance before. It doesn't matter what colors Nike intended to produce. If the jersey has three different regions which look like unique colors, it's three shades of green. Furthermore, I'm not even sure they believe to be using one shade. You said Nike probably just said "close enough" and gave the Jets whatever green they use for Baylor. Well, look at the shoulder inserts, which are a much more vibrant, less yellowy color. That's the Jets' actual shade of green. The dumbest think Nike did was leave their actual color on the insert rather than trying to match it to whatever the hell shade they call the jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

We've done this dance before. It doesn't matter what colors Nike intended to produce. If the jersey has three different regions which look like unique colors, it's three shades of green. Furthermore, I'm not even sure they believe to be using one shade. You said Nike probably just said "close enough" and gave the Jets whatever green they use for Baylor. Well, look at the shoulder inserts, which are a much more vibrant, less yellowy color. That's the Jets' actual shade of green. The dumbest think Nike did was leave their actual color on the insert rather than trying to match it to whatever the hell shade they call the jersey.

I get that I'm arguing semantics to a degree but I think there's value in proper assessment before a discussion even starts.

It's just way oversimplified that the default statement of "3 shades of green" is commonly accepted around here when that simply is not the case. As we all know there are 3 distinct fabrics in the jets jersey: base, mesh vents, and shoulder stripe inserts. The color green by nature can fluctuate in appearance much more dramatically than other colors which is the reason that the same dye on 3 different applications (then layer in water/sweat) looks so drastic in comparison.

The explanation for the shoulder insert that I'm going to take an educated guess on is the the same material that's been used for inserts for 30 years or so which would explain the consistency there.

With all that being said the packers would look less bad as they would only have 2 shades, more like oregon/baylor forest green which I hate because it's so drab and looks fatigue like in some settings. I don't think the packers would look good with their yellow stripes contrasting against that.

In my opinion nike simply needs to find a shinier fabric that has the wicking properties of the matte and attempt to do a forest green with that.

I don't see the Packers going to the matte green colors as Nike has proved that they cannot do green good at all with their fabric. As for me, I hope the Packers, Panthers and Raiders never switch their uniforms as I prefer the shiny uniforms compared the matte fabric that Nike offers.

spacer.png

Archived