Sign in to follow this  
nash61

One of the all-time greats has passed. RIP Patrick McDarby

A damn shame, RIP, Liberty head and Caps swooping eagle were/are awesome !

Here is his website to get a better idea of the work he did, not just in sports logo design. You've probably seen his work in grocery stores and never even realized it (I didn't).

RIP Patrick.

R.I.P. Wonder if he ever visited CCSLC...

I was always a fan of that Nets logo, even though I know some didn't like that the only net on it was the team name. Really liked the colors, unique to the NBA at that time.

I always liked that Caps eagle for being so... different. Looked better on the unis than as a standalone though, IMO. (Colors might have influenced me there, too. Loved the shade of blue.)

Wow, an amazing career indeed. I didn't realize it, but he designed a great chunk of my favorite logos from my childhood (namely the Wizards, Nets, and Caps). Definitely a resume to look up to. RIP.

R.I.P. Wonder if he ever visited CCSLC...

I was always a fan of that Nets logo, even though I know some didn't like that the only net on it was the team name. Really liked the colors, unique to the NBA at that time.

I always liked that Caps eagle for being so... different. Looked better on the unis than as a standalone though, IMO. (Colors might have influenced me there, too. Loved the shade of blue.)

That shade of blue still lives on with the MN Timberwolves:

PMS_647_C_SRGB.png