EddieJ1984

Majestic & MLB extend deal through 2019

I am really, really curious to see the reaction on the board to this. I am thrilled and hope it goes on forever. While there definitely are too many gimmick jerseys (throwbacks once a week, "Los Mets", Stars/Stripes/Camo), most MLB games still look pretty solid. MLB / Majestic are doing a great job keeping the primaries looking like they ought to look. I would not want to see Nike treatment (or UA or anyone else) on MLB uniforms.

But I bet there are a few people that would love to see a Nike takeover because MLB uniforms are "boring" or something.

I am really, really curious to see the reaction on the board to this. I am thrilled and hope it goes on forever. While there definitely are too many gimmick jerseys (throwbacks once a week, "Los Mets", Start/Stripes), most MLB games still look pretty solid. MLB / Majestic are doing a great job keeping the primaries looking like they ought to look. I would not want to see Nike treatment (or UA or anyone else) on MLB uniforms.

But I bet there are a few people that would love to see a Nike takeover because MLB uniforms are "boring" or something.

I don't have a problem with the unis, but I wouldn't mind someone else taking a shot at the hat contract.

I am really, really curious to see the reaction on the board to this. I am thrilled and hope it goes on forever. While there definitely are too many gimmick jerseys (throwbacks once a week, "Los Mets", Start/Stripes), most MLB games still look pretty solid. MLB / Majestic are doing a great job keeping the primaries looking like they ought to look. I would not want to see Nike treatment (or UA or anyone else) on MLB uniforms.

I agree with all this. And sure, there would be plenty of those people. I think Majestic has been mostly good. I'm not a fan of Coolbase uniforms, but they're not nearly as intrusive as how Nike has altered the NFL or Reebok the NHL. The ethnic jerseys are team decisions, as not everybody wears them. I dislike the Stars and Stripes/camo stuff, but that has mostly been New Era. We have gotten 1-2 days the last two seasons with camouflaged numbers on jerseys, and those have been bad, but I don't think the mandated alternate jerseys are nearly the threat that mandated alternate caps are. And they might never be. New Era knows that they can slap anything on caps and people will buy them, because they're only $30 and you have a bunch already. However, I don't think people are nearly as eager to throw around $100 for a stars and stripes jersey just so they can wear it once a year. I think baseball is going to keep pushing on this crap, but at least it doesn't look like Majestic has been pushing to alter things too much.

When Majestic tries to do something that isn't traditional, I generally hate it like most of the batting practice jerseys or the All-Star uniforms. I'd like to see someone else get the BP jersey contract but I know that's not going to happen.

MLB and Majestic seem like natural partners. Both are methodical and conservative organizations that want to make money and grow revenue with change coming in small increments. My theory is that since majestic is owned by a huge apparel conglomerate (VF) they simply do not have the marketing budget or ambition of a publicly traded company like nike or ua that would be compelled to put their brand before (i.e. drastic design changes) mlb. Their goal is to deliver low risk profit first and foremost. Also while prominent on field, majestic probably has a pretty low share of mlb retail share compared to other licensees due to new era having hats and jerseys being such a high price point.

I love the Majestic authentics, but I'm really disappointed that all replicas are now going to be "cool base" (if that is indeed true). I really don't like the cool base material. I can see how it benefits players, but I'd never pay that much for a material that feels like a cheap t-shirt.

I love the Majestic authentics, but I'm really disappointed that all replicas are now going to be "cool base" (if that is indeed true). I really don't like the cool base material. I can see how it benefits players, but I'd never pay that much for a material that feels like a cheap t-shirt.

I went to the Jays Shop in the SkyDome the other day, and I saw the new replicas. It's the only instance I can think of where the manufacturer improved the quality of their replicas. I like the Coolbase material much better than the old polyester, and the batter logos on the backs are a welcome addition. Mind you, they're still not worth $200, but they're definitely better

I went to the Jays Shop in the SkyDome the other day, and I saw the new replicas. It's the only instance I can think of where the manufacturer improved the quality of their replicas. I like the Coolbase material much better than the old polyester, and the batter logos on the backs are a welcome addition. Mind you, they're still not worth $200, but they're definitely better
Are you sure you saw the replicas? They aren't priced at $200. I'm pretty certain they are closer to the $100 mark.

Are you sure you saw the replicas? They aren't priced at $200. I'm pretty certain they are closer to the $100 mark.

Just checked...holy crap, you're right! Replicas with NOBs are only $110! To think they were $180 last year...

I like Majestic. I like New Era. Overall I think MLB is in the best shape of all the big 4 when it comes to uniforms.

I like Majestic. I like New Era. Overall I think MLB is in the best shape of all the big 4 when it comes to uniforms.

I agree 100 percent. The worst MLB uniform right now looks good to me

Just checked...holy crap, you're right! Replicas with NOBs are only $110! To think they were $180 last year...

Wait a sec, all coolbase are replicas now? I still think you'll find those 180 dollar ones as the authentic coolbase and the 110's are replicas

Basically the old Cool Base authentics are still the top tier model, exactly as before, but the replicas now use a similar performance material. Haven't seen one in person yet, but from what I can tell they still have a cut more like a normal shirt, printed graphics (which I believe are then heat applied), no mesh underarms, though they do have the batter man logo. The authentics range from $200-250 and the replicas are closer to the $100 range.

Do replicas still leave off the numbers on the front of the jerseys for teams that have them?

I'm not necessarily against Majestic. However, I do not like the CoolBase uniforms either, and it's a shame replicas will now be of the material. *facepalm* I'm glad Majestic has actually not undergone any "radical" changes to team jerseys & uniforms like Nike has with the NCAA uniforms and some NFL ones. I much prefer traditional over modernized & radically different unis.

Luckily Adidas will have to wait until 2020 to outfit all 30 teams in tequila sunrise outfits.

Luckily Adidas will have to wait until 2020 to outfit all 30 teams in tequila sunrise outfits.

I'm sure they'll have fun with the NHL in the meantime...

I'm not necessarily against Majestic. However, I do not like the CoolBase uniforms either, and it's a shame replicas will now be of the material. *facepalm* I'm glad Majestic has actually not undergone any "radical" changes to team jerseys & uniforms like Nike has with the NCAA uniforms and some NFL ones. I much prefer traditional over modernized & radically different unis.

I don't know that majestic even has a design service to offer the league, as opposed to Nike who seems to get first dibs on designing new stuff. Obviously they do have designers to a,e their gear, but I've yet to read about a redesign where the team hired Majestic designers.

They seem very content with what they do, and while it's debatable whether they do it well (lots of QA issues and general inconsistencies). You have to admire a company that doesn't want to just sink it's claws in to every aspect of the sport / industry in a quest to grow market share.