EddieJ1984

Majestic & MLB extend deal through 2019

I'm not necessarily against Majestic. However, I do not like the CoolBase uniforms either, and it's a shame replicas will now be of the material. *facepalm* I'm glad Majestic has actually not undergone any "radical" changes to team jerseys & uniforms like Nike has with the NCAA uniforms and some NFL ones. I much prefer traditional over modernized & radically different unis.

I don't know that majestic even has a design service to offer the league, as opposed to Nike who seems to get first dibs on designing new stuff. Obviously they do have designers to a,e their gear, but I've yet to read about a redesign where the team hired Majestic designers.

They seem very content with what they do, and while it's debatable whether they do it well (lots of QA issues and general inconsistencies). You have to admire a company that doesn't want to just sink it's claws in to every aspect of the sport / industry in a quest to grow market share.

I don't think they have the marketing funds or the support from their corporate parent to be overly ambitious. They are a run of the mill sportswear company that is part of a large apparel conglomerate which keeps them more restrained than the big players in the athletic space.

I like Majestic. I like New Era. Overall I think MLB is in the best shape of all the big 4 when it comes to uniforms.

Because MLB is the only league that puts traditional over modern

I like Majestic. I like New Era. Overall I think MLB is in the best shape of all the big 4 when it comes to uniforms.

I think the NHL does too

I think the NHL does too

I really don't want to start an argument right now, but one word: piping

I think the NHL does too

Good point. But theyre definitely getting there. Its a good looking league

I think the NHL does too

Good point. But theyre definitely getting there. Its a good looking league

I agree, that after the piping is gone, the nhl is gonna look great. Now the question is: will it ever be totally gone before they ruin it in some other way?

Piping was big when the Edge uniforms were unveiled. Since then though? Almost every new uniform introduced has emphasized traditional striping. Piping as a uniform element is now relatively scarce. I think Nashville's current set is the only post-Edge primary set that uses piping.

Piping was big when the Edge uniforms were unveiled. Since then though? Almost every new uniform introduced has emphasized traditional striping. Piping as a uniform element is now relatively scarce. I think Nashville's current set is the only post-Edge primary set that uses piping.

Calgary, Buffalo, and Colorado also use piping, but yeah, we've come quite a long way since 2007.

I'm not necessarily against Majestic. However, I do not like the CoolBase uniforms either, and it's a shame replicas will now be of the material. *facepalm* I'm glad Majestic has actually not undergone any "radical" changes to team jerseys & uniforms like Nike has with the NCAA uniforms and some NFL ones. I much prefer traditional over modernized & radically different unis.

I don't know that majestic even has a design service to offer the league, as opposed to Nike who seems to get first dibs on designing new stuff. Obviously they do have designers to a,e their gear, but I've yet to read about a redesign where the team hired Majestic designers.

They seem very content with what they do, and while it's debatable whether they do it well (lots of QA issues and general inconsistencies). You have to admire a company that doesn't want to just sink it's claws in to every aspect of the sport / industry in a quest to grow market share.

Certainly. I'm right there with you here.

I agree with others on the "piping", though. Majestic has gone slightly crazy with it. There could've been instances where they laid off on it and some uniforms would've looked fine, IMO.

First, of all, I never said MLB was the only league that favoured traditional over modern. Second, traditional is not necessarily better than modern. Third, I don't even know where you got that from. I think New Era and Majestic overall make good uniforms and merchandise. That's it. You seem to be inferring quite a bit from that small post.