Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

The "BK" logo is simply perfect. Top notch. Looks like as if the guys from Brandiose have designed it. The cap looks great.

Jabberwockey looked sweet before, but even looks a lot better now after using your LVBK color scheme. Great work, Sparky!

Geez, I really fell in love with that "BK" flag logo!

P.S.: Just saw one thing, asking myself if you need that line?

bk2-033_zps4betsl87.jpg

I'll bet its there to create a spade on the top.

Yeah, probably. I just think it might look better without it.

Thanks for the feedback.

You're both right on this one. It was put in to create a spade, but yes, it was pretty heavy-handed.

The spade symbol in a deck of cards, was actually symbolizing a pike-head.

I tried 2 versions...without a dividing line and with a small one...

bk2-038.jpg

Flawless, Sparky. And all the merch is beautiful. Love it!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always a pleasure to see your work Sparky. The ammount of talent, effort, and all round creativity really makes this a thing of beauty. I don't post often, but I have followed your art for a couple of years now, and I am always amazed at the level of quality you produce. I have enjoyed your past concepts immensley and this is no exception. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. just to make sure we don't lose it

Really liking this identity and merch. Great job!

The "All In" shirt is perfect!

Thank you guys...appreciated!

It's always a pleasure to see your work Sparky. The ammount of talent, effort, and all round creativity really makes this a thing of beauty. I don't post often, but I have followed your art for a couple of years now, and I am always amazed at the level of quality you produce. I have enjoyed your past concepts immensley and this is no exception. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Thanks Snow...I saw your Colorado concept over at "Hockey Jerseys"...Very Nice!

The top marks you received were well-earned.

Thanks Go!...Your Falcons concept is looking great.

...A few more changes.

I tweaked the "Vegas-Star" a tad and created a "banner" version for use as a shoulder patch...

bk2-045.jpg

I reworked the helmet logo to make it more dynamic.

Also, in searching for another visual connection between Vegas and a Knights/Black Knights theme, I discovered that the "spade" icon, was created to symbolize a Knight's sword or spear (pike)...Perfect!

So, I used that shape in a couple of new logos...

bk2-046.jpg

I've decided that if it is to be "Black Knights" that they should have a dark (but not black) uniform.

So, I went with the dark grey with black panels down the sides and on the underarms.

On the aways, all I had to do was swap out the dark grey with white...

bk2-048.jpg

bk2-047.jpg

The "Vegas-Star" looked better as the primary on the V-striped alts...

bk2-049.jpg

bk2-050.jpg

Wowz, Sparky.... can I see that helmet without the flag around it? I think that alone would make the best primary logo for this set. As for the new Star Shield, I love it! The new look isn't busy, has a sharp depth to it, and looks great. Loving the new uniforms as well. The pewter/grey works amazingly well as the Home jersey colour.

Thanks Go!...Your Falcons concept is looking great.

...A few more changes.

I tweaked the "Vegas-Star" a tad and created a "banner" version for use as a shoulder patch...

bk2-045.jpg

I reworked the helmet logo to make it more dynamic.

Also, in searching for another visual connection between Vegas and a Knights/Black Knights theme, I discovered that the "spade" icon, was created to symbolize a Knight's sword or spear (pike)...Perfect!

So, I used that shape in a couple of new logos...

bk2-046.jpg

This newly designed "helmet" flag logo looks so good that it easily could become a primary mark for the Black Knights. I absolutely agree with @WCCILibrary. Absolutely love it!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This newly designed "helmet" flag logo looks so good that it easily could become a primary mark for the Black Knights. I absolutely agree with @WCCILibrary. Absolutely love it!

Wowz, Sparky.... can I see that helmet without the flag around it? I think that alone would make the best primary logo for this set. As for the new Star Shield, I love it! The new look isn't busy, has a sharp depth to it, and looks great. Loving the new uniforms as well. The pewter/grey works amazingly well as the Home jersey colour.

Thanks guys...

Here's the helmet logo "alone" on a hoodie...

bk2-052.jpg

It looks good, but I lose the "spade" element that I'd like to keep to make it specific to Vegas.

I did clean it up though by removing the bevelling and the white gap...

bk2-051.jpg

Everything is flawless, except the numbers on the road jersey are a little hard to see.

Will there be a video presentation again?

spacer.png

I started to get into logo making a whike ago, but I've stayed off the boards with it while I improve the craft. What often happens to me is I lose interest in something very fast. I'm not proud of it, but I'd like to say that this is the BEST thread I have ever seen on these boards. You take your time, present it well, and its all amazing. Congratulations Sparky, this is an incredible thread.

TWolf

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... can you see if you can place a Spade in the negative space of the helmet somehow?

But I will admit that this is really really nice now, Sparky. I wish I had some of your talent.

You sir are one of the many people who i would call a combo of Fix it Felix and Midas. Everything you touch turns to gold and if needed you fix things right up. Kudos man

Everything is flawless, except the numbers on the road jersey are a little hard to see.

Will there be a video presentation again?

I started to get into logo making a whike ago, but I've stayed off the boards with it while I improve the craft. What often happens to me is I lose interest in something very fast. I'm not proud of it, but I'd like to say that this is the BEST thread I have ever seen on these boards. You take your time, present it well, and its all amazing. Congratulations Sparky, this is an incredible thread.

TWolf

Thank you guys. I appreciate it.

I'm hoping to wrap this up in a video, Crabcake.

Thank you TWolf, and just so you know...

These things take me a LOT of time... I'm not the fastest.

I find that stuff doesn't happen right away, so an ability to "stick with it" is something that I have to have.

So, "stick with it" and it'll come.

Holy crap...2 1/2 months into this thread and I still don't have a definitive identity worked out, but rather a number of options.

So, I think I'll approach the video from that angle...a presentation of a bunch of potential options.

I do have a couple of constants though...

I've decided to make the Vegas-Star a secondary. It works well as a shoulder patch and as the primary on the alts.

Also...If it is to be the "Black Knights", then you'd think they should have black unis:

However, Vegas's closest would-be rival wears black, and IMO the league doesn't need another "men-in-black"set of uniforms.

The BK's should be dark though, so I've decided to go with a dark grey (80% black) colour on the homes.

You can mix 'n match these logos and unis.

bk2-066.jpg

bk2-065.jpg

I reworked, and simplified the "BK" flag logo...

bk2-067.jpg

I shied away from the playing-card-Knight logo thinking it was too complicated...and it may still be,

But when you think of it, one of the nicest logos in sorts...The Chicago Blackhawks logo is also a pretty busy offering, so...

I gave the card a shot...

bk2-064.jpg

This could be more of a fan sweater.

Many Vegas residents and visitors may just want a hockey sweater that says "Vegas", so ...

bk2-062.jpg

I gave the warhorse one last go, on a uni that reflects the "scalloped" castle turret in the logo...

bk2-068.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Love the new helmet flag logo. I think that's a keeper.

I like the basic idea of the new BK flag, but I don't like the roundiness of the B-holes. Everything else is so nice and angular and pointy. How does that same design look with triangle-y B-holes?

Love all the other logos.

Miss the red. Glad the sword-star logo still brings it in pretty strongly.

Love the new helmet flag logo. I think that's a keeper.

I like the basic idea of the new BK flag, but I don't like the roundiness of the B-holes. Everything else is so nice and angular and pointy. How does that same design look with triangle-y B-holes?

Love all the other logos.

Miss the red. Glad the sword-star logo still brings it in pretty strongly.

Thanks darkp.

I used your suggestion on the "BK" logo and it definitely is an improvement.

Whether the sword-star is a primary or secondary shoulder patch, the red will stay. I like it too.

Cheers.

bk2-new%20logo.jpg

bk2-new%20logo3.jpg

bk2-new%20logo2.jpg

Archived