Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

Well guys...I finally got around to completing the video so that I can wrap this thing up.

I found the "Black Knight" theme to be challenging in trying to come up with logos that weren't corny or too generic,

and, although the black/silver/gold colour scheme "suits" Vegas, I found it tough to come up with a look that didn't resemble Pittsburgh, the Bruins or the Kings.

However, if the above-mentioned challenges can be overcome, the "knights/medieval" theme offers up an endless stash of icons, images, situations, etc., to be used for marketing purposes.

Also, where I was pretty definite in the "Aces" logo package, I'm still a little undecided as to what type of logo would serve the "Black Knights" theme the best...

The horse, Vegas-Star, "HF" flag, "Helmet" flag, the "Card" logo, a shield, a helmet??? I don't know...

So, I included all the logos and several uni styles as options in the video.

The music featured in the video, is "Battle Born" (a motto that appears on the Nevada state flag), by "The Killers" (a Vegas group).

Well...Enjoy, and thanks to everyone for the input, advice and feedback....

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just wow. Great presentation as always, and you've managed to find the best identity I think you could from this thread. Great job as always.

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

Gotta admit. This is incredibly depressing. Whatever identity we actually get for the Black Knights is going to be so so sad and boring and bland and lifeless. It will crush my soul knowing that your brilliant take is going to just exist in our hearts (and in this thread).

Thanks for nothing.

More, please.

Wow, fantastic work all around. Really enjoyable video (I'm always up for some Killers, haha). I especially liked the really brief animation of the flag waving. For whatever reason it reminded me of some of those old school medieval video game cutscenes. Would've loved to see more animation like that.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

What we really need is... the official Black Knights Hockey Cod!

I feel in the video you missed a chance to call the Jr Knights, Squires. Still love the final product!

Wow, just wow. Great presentation as always, and you've managed to find the best identity I think you could from this thread. Great job as always.

Wow, fantastic work all around. Really enjoyable video (I'm always up for some Killers, haha). I especially liked the really brief animation of the flag waving. For whatever reason it reminded me of some of those old school medieval video game cutscenes. Would've loved to see more animation like that.

Gotta admit. This is incredibly depressing. Whatever identity we actually get for the Black Knights is going to be so so sad and boring and bland and lifeless. It will crush my soul knowing that your brilliant take is going to just exist in our hearts (and in this thread).

Thanks for nothing.

More, please.

Thank you guys...always appreciated.

Lafarge...The song (Battle Born) and group (the Killers) both related to Vegas/Nevada, but the words didn't really suit a hockey video.

I was lucky enough to find an insrumental version so I shortened that from almost 6 minutes to a minute and a half.

It sounds kinda knightly.

...almost forgot the Black Knight Hockey Cod, Dan. Here ya go...

bkv-081.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

...Haven't had much time to do any new stuff lately, so I thought I'd just rehash some completed stuff.

I finally finished the Las Vegas Black Knights concept, so I was curious to see how it stacked up against the Las Vegas Aces...

bk%20vs%20aces%20008.jpg

bk%20vs%20aces-%20005.jpg

bk%20vs%20aces-%20006.jpg

bk%20vs%20aces-%20009.jpg

bk%20vs%20aces-%20021.jpg

bk%20vs%20aces-%20007.jpg

bk%20vs%20aces-%20020.jpg

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkJ09_exPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1ZZTzaA8s

Epic work on both of these concepts!

Gotta say I prefer the Aces, mostly due to the double meaning, both of which relate to Vegas. And I love the primary logo for the Aces.

I know the prospective owner likes Black Knights because Army is his Alma Mater, but when I see medieval imagery related to Vegas, I picture that God-awful Excalibur hotel. No matter how many brilliant designs you make on the Black Knights, I cant get away from that.

Nonetheless, fantastic concepts.

This is absolutely legendary! Phenomenal work Sparky!

However. I think I favor the Aces identity more than the Black Knights for a couple of reasons. The Aces seem to have a more distinct look than the Knights who kinda look like the Penguins in terms of color scheme and to a lesser extent...design. Aside from the dark grey jersey I think the Knight's uniforms look like something Pittsburgh would wear. Plus the Aces just sound more like a Las Vegas team name.

Aces will soar! Break the limits in the air...... eh i mean the ice! I really loved Aces logo and everything applied to what it represents. I just cannot stay away from that Aces video, it is too good to resist! hahaha

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived