Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

I'm not really a fan of the knight helmet. Something about it seems off. Like it doesn't resemble a helmet closely enough or something. It may be in the mouth area. The eye also seems kind of sad, and the LV feels sort of forced.

I'm also not feeling the 2 greys you're using. They're distracting to my eye and they seem like an unintentional oversight, especially on the horse.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever you touch turns to gold. Keep up the good work. No changes necessary.

Thanks b, but the helmet isn't quite right.

With the knights head it would probably need to ait on a shield. I like the way it looks though.

I was trying to avoid the shield thing, so I put a little more colour into the helmet on the new version. Thanks MJ.

I quite like that. However, if I was founding the team with this thread at my disposal, I think the playing card knight would be on the front of the jerseys.

Might be a little too busy for a main logo, oakland.

I think it would look great on some T's and stuff.

Man. This is a tough one. Oaklandhusker's comment made me go back and re-evaluate the playing card knight as the primary. It's such a cool idea and implementation, but it takes some thinking and some mental progression to establish the connection between the logo and the city. You have to first recognize that it's supposed to be a playing card, and then that it's got some hockey elements in it, and then that it's NOT one of the established face cards. But at a glance, it looks cool, if a bit over-detailed. How minimal can you get the knightly part of the card? Can you get it down to just a near helmet silhouette? Maybe even without the LV in it.

I tried to "minimal" the design darkp, but it wasn't working.

Part of what makes it resemble a card IS the detail.

However, in attempting to do the above, I came up with a new option for a "helmet" logo.

It resembles the card logo so there wouldn't be a big disconnect when using the "card" option.

Thanks darkp.

Hmmmm, helmet logo LV seems a bit forced, added another darker shade of gray might help hide it and make the helmet look more natural. And for the sake of continuity, the horse logo would need the same treatment - even if it doesn't need it. It's the top part of the helmet that covers the eyes, it just doesn't seem to flow with the LV and gets lost or something lol I don't know what I'm saying, it's early

Thanks #1. I've tried a new option.

I'm not really a fan of the knight helmet. Something about it seems off. Like it doesn't resemble a helmet closely enough or something. It may be in the mouth area. The eye also seems kind of sad, and the LV feels sort of forced.

I'm also not feeling the 2 greys you're using. They're distracting to my eye and they seem like an unintentional oversight, especially on the horse.

It does seem a bit off suplauren, and I'll fix the greys on the horse. Thanks.

I think the top "lid" or visor of the helmet looks a bit off, little forced

Thanks sleuth. See what you think about the new helmet option.

In ye eternal pursuit of ye "knightly-type" logo, may I present, attempt #102...or something like that...

bk-064.jpg

...and here's how it stacketh-up against the others...

bk-065.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Overall, I like the direction the new LV is going, but I have to agree with the others that it's a bit too dominant. I keep wanting to see helmet elements in the shape of the LV, but I know there isn't, so it's a bit of a disconnect. Can you show us what it looks like with no LV in it? Maybe make the tassels a bit larger so the colors show up better.

Have you (I'm sure you have) tried bringing a bit more of a goalie mask into the design of the helmet? I'm sure it's already been tried a few dozen times. (googled: nothing from a side view, at least on the first couple of pages of results). Keep the silhouette, but maybe stylize the helmet with a bit more of a goalie mask curve, and maybe even the cage.

LA Kings?

LV Knights?

What's next, Anaheim Princes?

Now, your royal right wingman, sir Corey Perry!

I got the joke but it actually would be the anaheim royal fools

Go Sharks

Lol it must be hard to be a sharks fan right now. ;)

Go caps go.

spacer.png

I'm feeling this new knight. Especially the one color version. It feels a little bit minor-league, but I think it could work for a secondary logo.

The greys are still off on the horse, btw. I threw it into paint to check, and you have 3 different greys! Definitely too many! I'd say stick with the top one only. I think too many greys are muddling the look.

n1t2jrv.png

Less is definitely more when it comes to a colour palette. That being said, the new logos are otherwise fantastic. The "LV" knight in particular knocks it clean out of the park. Can't wait to see the updated uniforms!

I'm feeling this new knight. Especially the one color version. It feels a little bit minor-league, but I think it could work for a secondary logo.

The greys are still off on the horse, btw. I threw it into paint to check, and you have 3 different greys! Definitely too many! I'd say stick with the top one only. I think too many greys are muddling the look.

n1t2jrv.png

Thanks suplauren. The colours ARE off, and I'll fix'em in the next "version" of the horse logo.

LA Kings?

LV Knights?

I'm with you on this Jake. "Black Knights" isn't my fave...

But I'm approaching this one from the angle that Mr. Foley will get his choice for a name.

Have you (I'm sure you have) tried bringing a bit more of a goalie mask into the design of the helmet? I'm sure it's already been tried a few dozen times. (googled: nothing from a side view, at least on the first couple of pages of results). Keep the silhouette, but maybe stylize the helmet with a bit more of a goalie mask curve, and maybe even the cage.

I gave that a shot darkp, and I just couldn't get it to work. I will be doing a goalie mask later.

the lv is way too prominent and takes away from the knight.

Just gonna say I love this one so much more than the other version of the knight, but you should make the LV a little less prominent

^ ditto

You are starting to kill it like the Aces concept. Keep it up man.

I'd agree with the masses, tone down the LV, but other than that, it could make a good primary!

Great Job

Less is definitely more when it comes to a colour palette. That being said, the new logos are otherwise fantastic. The "LV" knight in particular knocks it clean out of the park. Can't wait to see the updated uniforms!

Thanks all...The consensus is that the "LV' is too dominant.

I can fix that by altering the colour, size and/or shape of the "LV" letters.

I changed the shape of the letters a tad to conform more with some of the angles of the helmet.

I also tried a variety of different colour schemes...

bk-068.jpg

The letters seemed a little "fat" when rendered in 1 colour (D & G), so I reduced the weight of the letters in samples I, J and K.

Archived