Italian National Team

Carolingian Steamroller

Yesterday was St. Joseph's day so I came up with a couple of concepts for Italy's national football team.

The basic home uniform is ultra simplistic. I think too often designers make the mistake of over thinking the home kit for Italy. They're the Azzurri and that should be enough. I kept trying to come with some kind of gimic but honestly just a plain blue shirt with a little bit of white and some reference to the national flag is more than enough.

LcglcvY.png

For the change kit I went outside the box. Italian unification was facilitated in large part by a partisan name Giuseppe Garibaldi. Look at a map of almost any Italian town and you're likely find a street name after him. His most famous contribution is when he invaded Sicily in the name of unification with a group of volunteers named the Red Shirts. These partisans wore red shirts often with a white or blue neckerchief tied around their necks. So rather than do a white change kit I thought I'd do something they could get excited about and went with a Red Shirt inspired uniform with a white/blue shoulder yolk based off of the famous neckerchiefs.
3QjdF4J.png

The colours on the crest are in the wrong order. I know the team has some weird aversion to having a look modeled after their flag colours, but they should at least be correct on the crest. Red uniform looks pretty sharp. I'd like it even more if blue was eliminated entirely from it.

Okay, I like where you are heading here. You can work on your presentation, but I think you got a nice, yet very unique core design. I'm not too big on your home jersey, since I believe Puma is killing it with the Italy home jerseys, but your away is pretty neat. Instead why not try to keep the iconic white away, and the fading stripe colours to all three blue, red, and green.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Uhm did I say you could use my template? I don't think so... Especially since you gave no credit lol.

I'll release it when I'm ready, thanks!

1- green/red/white in this order??!!

2- garibaldi wasn't a partisan (partisans were the antifascists troops in ww2)

3- l think that you should make a white uniform

4- make the red less brilliant like this

garibaldi.jpg

However is a great uniform for my country

I believe you should always have a difference between the home and away jerseys. When it comes to soccer, it feels very boring and lazy when a designer repeats the same design on all three/two jerseys, except change the colours. So Probably think of a side panel design for the home jersey, I believe that would look nice. You can still keep the fading design idea at hands, but alter it abit, by probably making it to the sides, and such stuff like that.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Sorry if I've misused a template I apologise.....

Here is a white kit as well as one re-colored to mimic the little figurine as best I could.

4b4t9XG.pngaWUTUNL.png

You misused it, but you continue to post concepts with it?

I'm asking you to stop using it.

Here is a white kit as well as one re-colored to mimic the little figurine as best I could.

4b4t9XG.pngaWUTUNL.png

Unless your intent is to sell it, I don't see what the problem is...

303h7kn.jpg

4b4t9XG.pngaWUTUNL.png

Unless your intent is to sell it, I don't see what the problem is...

Ok that makes no sense logically. Let's say you have banana in your lunchbox and one of your coworkers steals your banana and eats it... He says its not a big deal because you had no intent of selling it.

It doesn't matter if I want to sell it or have the intention of selling it, I created it and I don't want others using it (or using a bastardized traced version of it). It was created as something to differentiate my concepts from others.

There are plenty of people who have released their template for use, use one or those.

Thanks!

That is very messy. First of all, one thing you never do in paint is try to resize an image by hand. As you can see from that, it gets pixelated even more by the uneven spread. If you're going to resize an image, use the resize & skew tool. Second, this gradient design is a bad idea. The color spread is pretty bad. I would stick to two of the three colors you have there instead of using all three.

Tried repeat the resize on the crest. It made some improvement but maybe I'm just using an out of date MS Paint. I also eliminated the extra gradient on the blue and added the white and Garibaldi alternates.

VcCBUBe.pngwvW2s2J.pngFXzaduV.png

I do concepts in Paint all the time. You need to resize your template to what you want, and then spend a crapload of time redrawing and fixing the lines of that template. Resizing anything in Paint is terrible because it's a raster tool, not a vector one. It means a lot of redrawing and retracing to ensure your lines are proper thicknesses.

Also - WORK BIG, especially in Paint. The image can always be viewed at a smaller size (not drawn; see my first comment), but working too small will make sure that your detail work gets blown to pixels when it's enlarged by the viewer. As an example, here's a uniform someone did as a Game of Thrones-meets-Football concept. Clean design and clean templates will go a LONG way to overcoming the "disadvantages" of Paint.

xtu0ZL8.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived