NCAA Tournament Court Remake

TCutt

Whoever is technically hosting the game gets their logo on the court.

Do you know how that is chosen? I also saw conference logos on the baseline as well..
It's a bid process....like most everything else the NCAA does with post-season tournaments.

gYH2mW9.png

Personally i think each court should be differently designed based on the city the game is in. Like the Seattle court have greens and blues instead of pitch black. But I love the blue baseline, white letters. That's so clean and easy to read unlike the current. The first four court wouldn't have the year I think, just for reuse value.

So the big request that everyone has was going in and making bracket court lighter, so here is that. I also gave it the most popular of out of bounds colors, blue with white script. Unless I am struck with some kind of artistic genius, the next job is a court for the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

a9ryr3M.jpg

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Really love the template, and the court is very nice, really like the mid court logo a lot. Was the template found on the boards?

Yes, the Template (which I link to on the first page) was done by Darth Brooks, all credit to him. I've been using his for a while now.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

So the big request that everyone has was going in and making bracket court lighter, so here is that. I also gave it the most popular of out of bounds colors, blue with white script. Unless I am struck with some kind of artistic genius, the next job is a court for the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

a9ryr3M.jpg

So where do you put the play-in games? They're also part of the bracket.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm almost posting these round by round as they're being played... how interesting. Anyways, for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, I decided to use the other NCAA basketball logo, the red and blue colorized logo. I don't like it as much as the other one, and I guess the NCAA doesn't like it either. No matter the NCAA's opinion, I had two takes on it, a color and tone court.

The first is the color court. I decided to put the regional on the baseline as opposed to the top sideline, because I feel like that is more important to the tournament. I moved the ribbons from their normal location to the general area where the NCAA logo is on the current court. The baseline design is essentially the same as my first weekend courts.

2gitwl3.jpg

The second design is the tone on tone court, which is a little more out there. I decided to put a full saying on the top and bottom of the court, because I feel like the NCAA would be all about that. Instead of keeping the host logo on the baseline, I decided to put them in place of the NCAA logos (I know, on the wrong side of the court. Artistic interpretation or whatever that thing is), and instead put the arena logo on the baselines. The arena would probably like its name on there somewhere and I feel like the logo on the baselines is the best way to compensate without it's name being put on there like it is now.

H9ceR7D.jpg

Oh, and in case you hung around long enough to read this part, here's what the color court looks like with the tone on tone midcourt logo instead of a color.

x3YI6zS.jpg

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

*EDIT* I done goofed. Fixed the court name on the Cleveland court, really can't believe I didn't catch that. Thanks guys.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

Archived