if colleges had their state on their football helmet

Hd1graphics

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all extremely rough, and I still believe these designs are very tired and uninspired. Just look at the rice one, the texas state outline is hanging off the helmet. Those little details often make or break concepts, and in this case they are most definitely breaking them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Some state outlines look like they are "facing" or "pointing" in a certain direction. I have always viewed the outline of Connecticut as facing to the left since the lower left corner juts out. This presents a problem regarding football helmet design because the logo is traditionally put on both sides of the helmet, so when you have a logo that can only face one way and can't be flipped horizontally, it looks really awkward on the side where it looks like it is facing / pointing towards the back of the helmet. The old Denver Broncos helmet is a classic example of this, with the horse inside the D facing the back of the helmet on one side. I really hate football helmet designs that have this flaw; it is my opinion that the logo should always "face" or "point towards" the front of the helmet.

Obviously you can't do a mirror image of a state outline to fix this problem because that would just be idiotic. So you'd just have to live with some states looking like they are facing the wrong way.

Anyway, if you could do a design for UConn I'd appreciate it.

Archived