Best/favorite color schemes?

MCM0313

What are your favorite color schemes? This doesn't necessarily mean how they integrate the schemes into the logos and/or uniforms, just the combinations of colors themselves. Here are a few of mine:

NFL---Dolphins, Redskins, Packers, Broncos (1980s-1996)

NBA---Hornets (original and current), Hornets (during their New Orleans time), Bucks (1980s "Irish Rainbow"), Nuggets (rainbow), Nuggets (current), Spurs (1990s "fiesta" color scheme; would've been great to see them do something with it on their uniforms), Mavericks (original), Suns (pre-2000s, loved when they had black to go with purple and orange)

MLB---Phillies (one of the best red-white-and-blue combos, and if you consider cream part of it it's awesome), Giants/Orioles (black and orange look great in baseball), Diamondbacks (pre-2007), Padres (1970s-1980s, brown, yellow, and orange together), Royals, Athletics, Mariners

NHL---Mighty Ducks (original), Islanders, Rangers, Wild, Blackhawks, Canucks (current), Flyers, Bruins (when they wore brown instead of black)

College---Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Coastal Carolina, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida State, Temple (pre-black), Tulsa, Tulane, Clemson, Arizona (when you include copper), Central Michigan, Indiana, Indiana State (before they made their shade of blue more generic), Bowling Green

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't go wrong with red and blue, classy and beautiful.

I also love the original Chargers powder blue and yellow, the Padres brown and yellow, and the Suns purple and orange. Can teams stop getting rid of awesome, unique color schemes?

Also the Mariners and the Hornets (just the teal and purple, none of this silver or light blue or green crap)

Can't go wrong with red and blue, classy and beautiful.

I also love the original Chargers powder blue and yellow, the Padres brown and yellow, and the Suns purple and orange. Can teams stop getting rid of awesome, unique color schemes?

Also the Mariners and the Hornets (just the teal and purple, none of this silver or light blue or green crap)

Red and blue is the most overused, boring colour scheme in sports. There are of course teams that look good in it (Habs, Texans, Red Sox, etc) but there are so many teams that use it and don't pull it off that I've grown to hate it.

bf4fw9xbflo9zqf9oiepoui9h.gif

I have a bunch of favorites that I may post later, but for now I'll give a special shout-out to this one. Say what you will about the extreme "90's-ness" of the design, but this color scheme was incredible. So many nice cool colors topped off with a good warm touch in the copper. Excellent.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

It has to be done exactly right, but I loved UNC colors when they use a bit of dark blue to break up the light blue and white. But the balance has to be perfect. The football redesign that they underwent in 2013 might be the biggest downgrade that I've ever seen.

8645963795_65e01781e0_o.jpg

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

NFL: Panthers, Jags, Bucs, Phins and Seattle

MLB: Expansion Arizona Dbacks Pirates Giants

NBA: Vancouver Grizzlies Philadelphia Iverson era unis (good colors just not on the right team) Hornets Expansion Raptors and Jordan Era Wizards

NCAA : Washington Huskies.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived