Best/favorite color schemes?

MCM0313

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings late 90's color scheme was always a fav of mine.

sac-kings-94-97-purple-alternate-620x852

KingsRetroJerseys*304.jpg?v=1

Sacramento-Kings-2012-Hardwood-Classics-

They still use those colors (although they reduced the usage of black to all but an alternate uniform).

By the way, I loved those checkered side panels. It reminds me of the attire that some jousters wore during the renaissance times.

ay_109312474.jpg

(This photo is clearly not during the renaissance times, but you get my point)

NFL:

Eagles

Redskins

Titans

CFB:

Notre Dame

Penn State

Georgia Tech

North Carolina (before they went full retard w/ the new black unis)

Charlotte

Colorado State

Texas State

When you say Colorado state I assume you mean green and gold, but are you also including the orange and green from all their throwbacks?

About the only colors I really don't like are purple, neon-anything most of the time, and for any team outside of Miami-Dade County, teal. I'm partial to maroon, as it was a high school color and that of a couple of my early freelance clients, and orange, as most people do who are as partial as I am to midcentury modernism.

The maroon and orange of Virginia Tech and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' red/pewter/orange I really like a lot.

Single color non-black + white is really sharp, but it seems the only teams with the interest or ability in pulling this off are older franchises or college teams. (off the top of my head, Detroit Red Wings, Toronto Maple Leafs, NY Jets and Yankees, Boston Celtics, Houston Rockets, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Texas)

Color + metallic is also really classy, although the Philadelphia Eagles' midnight green I think is too dark, and the Penguins should be run out of Pittsburgh for forsaking their city's gold in favor of a champagne metallic they call Vegas gold. (What do they say about what happens in Vegas?) If the Dallas Cowboys went with what was on their helmet, they'd be in this group as well.

And last, I like most any non-green + goldenrod/reflex yellow, or somewhere close in the swatch deck. Yes, I really do hate the Packers that much.

Personally been a fan of Michgan's maize and blue scheme. Just really pops to my eyes

hi-res-Preview_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

Michigan is the 2nd best looking team in this photo.

True dat! But hey, UM fans, cheer up: you have a top-25 look overall...in the Big Ten. 14th, to be exact.

Archived