Political Logos

Waffles

Good Lord, I just stumbled into this thread for the first time and Hillary's branding is a train wreck.

They all look like magazine ads in Cosmo or something. You can tell they're obviously trying to appeal to women with the bright colors and blocky fonts. And that's not a critique on campaign strategy - just saying that it seems that they're sculpting their brand to appeal specifically to the female vote.

Christie is probably the winner right now for me. It's boring, but it's not a miscue which is probably as best you can hope for with a political ad. The problem with voters is that if you appeal to one demographic, you cheese off another. Christie's logo is minimalist which also works in a variety of media.

Also FWIW, I never liked the Obama logo. Looks like the branding for a dairy farmer co-op or something.

Sorry but you just kinda ruined your feedback once you said that....

I know it's your opinion but if you think Obama didn't have effective political branding, I don't trust your feedback on what is good.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama's branding is the Golden Arches of politics. It worked, [mod redacted] and to deny the golden arches are not effective is ignoring the fact they worked.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Good Lord, I just stumbled into this thread for the first time and Hillary's branding is a train wreck.

They all look like magazine ads in Cosmo or something. You can tell they're obviously trying to appeal to women with the bright colors and blocky fonts. And that's not a critique on campaign strategy - just saying that it seems that they're sculpting their brand to appeal specifically to the female vote.

Christie is probably the winner right now for me. It's boring, but it's not a miscue which is probably as best you can hope for with a political ad. The problem with voters is that if you appeal to one demographic, you cheese off another. Christie's logo is minimalist which also works in a variety of media.

Also FWIW, I never liked the Obama logo. Looks like the branding for a dairy farmer co-op or something.

I know it's your opinion but if you think Obama didn't have effective political branding, I don't trust your feedback on what is good.

There's a difference between liking something and admitting it's effective. He knows how effective the Obama logo was. He just doesn't like it, personally.

I loved it, myself. It really revolutionized political branding in the US. Sure, most imitators have failed to reach its level, but things are more unique, if nothing else.

I like the E flag, but it can't stand alone for Walker... so I don't get it. Can't just use a random letter in your name as your logo. The second photo has the E in the corner.. that would be cool if his last name started with an E, but it doesn't...

Not trying to be flippant but the "E flag" is similar to the lapel pin of Stan Smith of American Dad so it may be intentional to attract some fringe voters to at least see what he's about. It's not a good logo by itself.

I would hazard a fairly safe guess that that has more to do with the fact there are only so many ways to render an un-detailed, yet still recognisable, US flag than any kind of conscious attempt to appeal to American Dad fans.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

There's a difference between liking something and admitting it's effective. He knows how effective the Obama logo was. He just doesn't like it, personally.

I loved it, myself. It really revolutionized political branding in the US. Sure, most imitators have failed to reach its level, but things are more unique, if nothing else.

Thanks Ice. I do agree that the branding was good - just not my style (It's a roundel, call the Texas Rangers!).

Back on subject, I like Walker's logo but agree that the flag by itself can't stand alone and make you think of Walker. Maybe the abbreviated form is just WALKER as a wordmark with that style applied to the E. Use case aside, though, I think it meets the criteria of being simple, clean and non-offensive. It just doesn't resonate the candidate's name.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

​Probably my favorite candidate logo from this pool. Has the simplicity and flexibility that Hillary was after but the end result is more attractive.

Yeah, so it isn't one of his actual initials as the standalone flag, but I doubt something that says, "Scott Walker is Running for President" is gonna get mistaken for another candidate.

Archived