Political Logos

Waffles

I think Bill Maher said it best. "Ted Cruz won't be President. Why? Even his daughter is like 'Really, dad?'" :lol:

I don't believe I'm going to say this, but I am: please, let's keep this thread design-related. Let the candidates prove themselves idiots on their own. ;)

Fair enough, I just thought it was a funny point

Out of curiosity, would anyone be up for a challenge to see if they could out-design these logos?

Well, provided they pay Justin Striebel for his great work, Marco Rubio's campaign can use this little baby he designed for my nascent 2014 N.C. House run...

bigm.png

image.jpg

Is it 2101 already?

nav-logo.png

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hillary's colors give me a headache.

Everyone's trying to hard to be Obama with their logo. Ted Cruz's teardrop-cum-burning flag. Rand Paul's torch. Hillary's H. They should stop trying to match Obama's "o" and just focus on making a clean, recognizeable campaign image. Which Hillary and Rand have done for the most part.

EDIT: the monochrome version is better.

kX2RXxj.jpg

Rand's works because the negative space forming the torch seems natural and he's using a dark navy. Which contrasts nicely with the red. Hilary's royal blue just bleeds into the red.

The double blue version is much better. The arrow doesn't seem as egregious when it's not in GOP red.

Exactly. And Obama used lighter (though not royal) blue in each of his campaigns. Hillary's clearly trying to evoke Obama-Esque feelings due to the lefts ambivalence toward her.

Le Monde just eviscerated the logo:

http://bigbrowser.blog.lemonde.fr/2015/04/13/hillary-clinton-et-les-republicains-une-histoire-de-logos-moches/

Because not everyone can read French:

BIG BROWSER

Hillary Clinton and Republicans, a story of (ugly) logos

On April 13, 2015 at 14:33

Updated April 13, 2015 at 14:43

The announcement of Clinton's campaign for the Democratic nomination for the US presidency was carefully wrapped in marketing. But its logo was wince-enducing. Much more than the new iteration of the UMP.

We were remindedlast week that the political world is punctuated by a permanent campaign. An election barely over, it is necessary to restart in order to prepare the next. And we must innovate.

In the United States, the midterm elections were held five months ago, in other words a decade in political years. The only race that is interesting, now is the greatest of all: the one for the White House. Republican candidates with more or less frightening ideas are already raking the field, but really the starting signal was given this weekend with the formalization of the candidacy of Hillary Clinton.

The announcement was carefully wrapped in marketing, prepared for several months, built around videos and social networks. A long-awaited announcement that the only surprise, although small, was the ugliness of the official logo of the campaign of the former secretary of state.

The blue "H" crossed by a red arrow shows the color codes of the Democratic Party, but as pointed devastated several observers, it is a drawing that a child could have done with the Paint program.

Others argue that the design is more reminiscent of a hospital than a political campaign, or the red arrow (media color of the Republicans) right-pointing is quite unwelcome. The nastier even made questionable arrangements with the World Trade Center. WikiLeaks even shouted to theft.

Hillary Clinton HAS stolen our innovative WikiLeaks twitter logo design. Compare:WikiLeaks vsHillaryClinton pic.twitter.com/mifka4mXf4

- WikiLeaks (wikileaks) April 12, 2015

Opposing Republicans also presented their new logo. Not the American Republicans, but their new French homonyms "Republicans." The future iteration of the UMP, which should be released on May 30 during a re-founding congress will also be accompanied by its logo. But had it right, or a rain of criticism, nor ironic fixtures. Only to a certain disinterest. Perhaps because we take it for a baggage panel.

The look of Google images is sometimes cruel pic.twitter.com/OxPy2ncCHj - Damien Leloup (Damien_Leloup) April 10, 2015

logo-star-stream.png

Macys-300x83.jpg

Red star? Odd for a Cuban-American righty.

spacer.png

Ted-Cruz-Family-AP822087999887-1024x682.

I think Bill Maher said it best. "Ted Cruz won't be President. Why? Even his daughter is like 'Really, dad?'" :lol:

I don't believe I'm going to say this, but I am: please, let's keep this thread design-related. Let the candidates prove themselves idiots on their own. ;)

Fair enough, I just thought it was a funny point

Out of curiosity, would anyone be up for a challenge to see if they could out-design these logos?

screw minimalism and simplicity. what this logo needs is more freedom!

X6Dkxyz.png

. . . and take Rand's font because, :censored: 'em!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You know what? I bet #brand people love hillary's logo. Everyone is talking about it, therefore, everyone is talking about Hillary.

EDIT: Republican turned Independent turned Democrat Lincoln Chafee's logo evokes...boredom.

lincolnchafee.gif

spacer.png

Clinton's logo poses so many issues and conjures up a lot of ideas that seem antithetical to her political position. Whether the H or the arrow is red, because of the way the logo is designed, it implies an affiliation with the Republican party. And you can't really have an arrow pointing to the left; our eyes naturally can left to right, because we learn to read that way. Anything pointing toward the right implies forward movement. because that symbolizes moving backwards. Hard to have a positive campaign slogan with an image of moving backwards (jokes about one's political agenda aside).

The logo does work better in monochrome, especially in white on the blue background. I also think the logo would work better if the arrow head was smaller and didn't stick out so far off the right edge of the H.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hillary's colors give me a headache.

Everyone's trying to hard to be Obama with their logo. Ted Cruz's teardrop-cum-burning flag. Rand Paul's torch. Hillary's H. They should stop trying to match Obama's "o" and just focus on making a clean, recognizeable campaign image. Which Hillary and Rand have done for the most part.

EDIT: the monochrome version is better.

kX2RXxj.jpg

Rand's works because the negative space forming the torch seems natural and he's using a dark navy. Which contrasts nicely with the red. Hilary's royal blue just bleeds into the red.

The double blue version is much better. The arrow doesn't seem as egregious when it's not in GOP red.

Exactly. And Obama used lighter (though not royal) blue in each of his campaigns. Hillary's clearly trying to evoke Obama-Esque feelings due to the lefts ambivalence toward her.

Yeah, but Obama's logo, for the most part, kept the red and lighter blue separate. With Hilary's logo you just have two blobs of colour running into each other. Double blue would have been the way to go from the start.

logo-star-stream.png

Macys-300x83.jpg

Red star? Odd for a Cuban-American righty.

I thought Wal-Mart.

old-walmart-logo.jpg

Hillary's logo reminds me of upvoting on Reddit. From the field, Rand's is the best and I agree with Mr. Cap's Wal-Mart observation on Rubio.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Republican turned Independent turned Democrat Lincoln Chafee's logo evokes...boredom.

lincolnchafee.gif

At least he's using green. Which is a fresh idea for America!

I find almost everyone in the US using red, white, and blue for campaign colour schemes to be really, really boring. Up here everyone uses their party colours. NDP candidates use orange and green, Liberals use red and white, Conservatives blue, white, and red, and Greens green and white (sometimes they break out a bit of yellow).

I mean yeah, it's still cookie-cutter, but it at least provides some variety.

I like the use of green as well but not with both, blue and red included. Those three colours rarely work together, as the Blue Jackets can attest. A braver decision would be to drop the red entirely. Fresh ideas for America represented by a fresh logo that truly stands out. As for colours, they don't get fresher than blue and green ;)

Notable that, unlike Obama and Romney, she uses the initial of her first name instead of her surname (for obvious reasons). I guess there's not too much you can do with an H; honestly, besides the colours, I don't really mind this. If they made the "pillars" dark blue and the arrow light blue, I think it would look much better. It'd still be bland and uninspiring, but not particularly bad.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived