NHLru Project

JCRGraphix

Монреаль Канадиенс

Montreal Canadiens

For this design, I wanted to keep with the tradition of the Canadiens while still getting that Russian look. The logo is obviously based on the Canadiens logo with the K for Канадиенс and the Ж for Жители (Zhiteli) which is the closest Russian translation of Les Habitants.

This is an original concept, which you are executing well. I do have a quibble about this Montréal design, however. The H in the famous CH of the Canadiens logo stands for Hockey (Club de Hockey Canadien), not Habitants. Therefore, to stay true to your apparent intent, the inside initial should be х for хоккей (Hockey). This would not change your basic design for the Russified logo much,with just х rather than ж.

I look forward to more of this fine work.

Thanks for the feedback! I am aware that the H stands for hockey, however, and I know this is a silly thing, the ж has a more Russian look to it than the x even though it would be more correct. Good catch though!

I thought that a preference for a more Russian-looking letter might be a factor- I just wanted to clarify what the H stands for, on the record, since this otherwise reinforces a popular misconception that Tex Rickard of the Rangers started, long ago.

That misconception did give the Montréal fans their favourite cheer, though: Go Habs go!

By the way, I like your latest work on the Blackhawks, too! Some ideas Chicago would do well to use.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Ах, ес ёу аре ригхт! Стилл брушинг уп!
um translate

It's in English, using Cyrillic letters: 'Ah, yes you are right! Still brushing up!'

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Детройт Красные Крылья

Detroit Krasnyye Kryl'ya

For this one, I decided to use the Russian words for Red Wings instead of a transliteration... The design is based on the Red Wings jerseys with the third basically an inversion of their 1991 throwbacks to their 1927 unis...

1.png

2.png

3.png

Чикаго Блэкхокс
Chicago Blackhawks
For this design, I wanted a very KHL looking logo. The logo features traditional Sauk battle axes as well as a Sauk headress since Chief Black Hawk was Sauk. The 5 stars are taken from the Chicago flag and represent the Blackhawks' 5 Stanley Cups.
1.png
2.png
3.png

A bit hard to make out the logo in this one. What if you dropped the gradient and went with just a white or light grey? Love this one, though!

I like that you used the traditional headdress, even if people might say it looks like a stereotypical Viking helmet (because we all know that Vikings didn't have horned helmets--it was because of the costumes for the Wagner operas in the 19th century). This is a great way to educate!

Hью-Йopк Peйнджepc

New York Rangers

For this design, I used bits of the Rangers real branding as well as bits of their Winter Classic, Lady Liberty, and Minor League affiliate to create a solid KHL-looking team.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hью-Йopк Peйнджepc
New York Rangers
For this design, I used bits of the Rangers real branding as well as bits of their Winter Classic, Lady Liberty, and Minor League affiliate to create a solid KHL-looking team.
1.png
2.png
3.png

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!! :D however me personally I would have used the Cyrillic spelling of New York like you did but used the current away jersey of the Rangers and SKA St.Petersburg because they are the same basicallly (Here is a link to the SKA jersey for reference because I don't if you want people posting images.. https://www.google.com/search?q=SKA+St+Petersburg+white+jersey&biw=1280&bih=607&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DhsYVYauGpOGNpPjgoAO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_&imgrc=EnudLnfJJqLfPM%253A%3BhCjE2O2S5ytLSM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fsptimes.ru%252Farchive%252Fimg%252F1792%252F2014_01_13_02_24_Ilya_Kovalchuk_2012-12-21.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.sptimes.ru%252Fstory%252F38855%3B529%3B380 ) Otherwise Amazing 20 out of 10!

just a question but why would a team in russia use lady liberty on a logo

It's still in NYC. This project is just if the NHL used the Russian language and KHL style jerseys.

Comments from the readers from Russia)
In this case, there should not be written "Рейнджерс" but "Рейнджеры".
And then do the translation of this word, because it does not exist in Russian. For example, "наездники".
In addition, Maple Leafs could be translated as "Кленовые листья".
Why is the logo Chicago has viking helmet?

just a question but why would a team in russia use lady liberty on a logo

It's still in NYC. This project is just if the NHL used the Russian language and KHL style jerseys.

Comments from the readers from Russia)

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/lirika/759176.html

In this case, there should not be written "Рейнджерс" but "Рейнджеры".

And then do the translation of this word, because it does not exist in Russian. For example, "наездники".

In addition, Maple Leafs could be translated as "Кленовые листья".

Why is the logo Chicago has viking helmet?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still working on my Russian, so if I make mistakes, I apologize. As for the "Viking helmet", that is a traditional headdress of the Sauk Indians. The Chicago Blackhawks got their name from Chief Black Hawk who was a Sauk.

Питтсбург Пингвины

Pittsburgh Penguins

This design brings back some of my favorite Penguins design elements from the past: sports gold, the striping from the 90s uniforms, and the 80s golden domes.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Just curious, but what are you going to do about the Ottawa Senators and Washington Capitals? Should be interesting...

I'm thinking Ottawa Soviets and Washington Kremlins...

Just curious, but what are you going to do about the Ottawa Senators and Washington Capitals? Should be interesting...

Why? In this case, teams only used Russian language, but not style.

The correct version, as for me

Ottawa Senators = "Сенаторы"

Washington Capitals = "Столичные"

Also he is doing every team if everything stayed the same except for the fact they're in Russia

Archived