NFL Speedflex Helmet Concepts (Revised Dolphins) just added

The Nati MacDaddy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing with the New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals. Let me give credit to 3906design.com for cardinal graphic and also to the artist unknown to me who designed the school logo for Northern Oklahoma College. I like both of these renderings. The legless cardinal with wings spread out works for me as well as the 3/4 perspective of the jet. My only contributions to these concepts are striping and color changes. Let's hear your opinions.

5961abed52d54_Jets3perspectiveconcept.png.086f481eed6ec0b12e40a02a97b0c589.png

Cardinals 3 perspective concept.png

On 3/28/2015 at 10:44 PM, FFWally said:

If you are going to have 3 stripes on the Jets helmet, how about a hashed center stripe, like a runway, and the numbers at the ends... in the style of runway numbers. I like the Fighters Jet personally...

I like this suggestion. Is this what you had in mind?5961acc908c54_Jets23perspectiveconcept.thumb.png.966f134729e964b40e4e934361c6bbaf.png

Chargers helmet stripe looks more like a Christmas tree than a lightning bolt.

Giants update looks a lot better than the club.

Saints looks good. If either make the white outline thicker or remove it entirely.

I like adding yellow to the cards. Can't tell on my phone if that's blue or black.

Jets I like the runway helmet stripe.

Good start so far.

Thanks for the input mrkennedy77. The color on the Cardinals helmet is blue. The striping is a tweaking of the Arizona State flag minus the orange star. I know that the Chargers helmet still needs more work. Just curious as to why many of the viewers of this thread want to nix the Giant's club (Boston Basher) logo. Does it look like a turd? Maybe to phallic, I guess.

If you are going to have 3 stripes on the Jets helmet, how about a hashed center stripe, like a runway, and the numbers at the ends... in the style of runway numbers. I like the Fighters Jet personally...

I like this suggestion. Is this what you had in mind?Jets2%203%20perspective%20concept_zpst4e

stripe, perfect... make the numbers bigger, more like Steelers numbers size, still a block font, but big enough to see.

stripe, perfect... make the numbers bigger, more like Steelers numbers size, still a block font, but big enough to see.

Here is the larger numbers revision for Jets concept in front view only. I centered the single digit jersey number and changed the color. Do you like that, or should the number stay in the ones spot and to the right of the center stripe? Speedflex helmet style makes it more difficult to increase the size of the numbers too much without sinking into the channel in the front. A larger number might work at the back of the helmet.

5961adaee02e7_Jets2conceptNo.options.png.bcfd7680d3f4dc6c334f590bb1000da8.png

Here are the Steelers and Lions concepts that I have been working on. Just a note, I know that traditionally the Steelers have no logo on the left side of their helmet but I don't have the template from that right face perspective and I didn't want to flip it because the Riddell logo would also flip. I guess I'll have to ask Darth Brooks if he has the time to come up with another perspective for the speedflex template. I also used a back 3/4 perspective with the Frasier Davidson template to show the Lions helmet stripe concept. Sorry Darth but that makes 5 perspectives now.

I need to know your thoughts on these concepts, and to be more specific, give me your opinions on the Steelers logo being on both faces of the helmet as I have depicted them, or staying with the traditional right face logo and left face blank. I would also like your thoughts on flipping or not flipping the 3 diamond logo. The red diamond will face to the back of the helmet if I decide to put logo on both sides and flip it.

5961ae9986693_Steelers3perspectiveconcept.thumb.png.227e7f17b92b2352873855dcd4bd8cd9.png

5961aeb95e42e_Lions3perspectiveconcept.png.723a3409348610848eb916e539c6bae1.png

5961af041167d_Lions3dtemplateback34perspective.png.eeb54e0664edfe115b3102d9d5b2a011.png

With the Lion facing the back of the helmet, it makes me think that they're running scared from the Packers :D

Overall, with the Steelers, I say it shouldn't be flipped, and should remain only on the one side. The Diamonds are from the US Steel logo, and so flipping them is akin to flipping a corporate logo.

On 4/1/2015 at 10:35 AM, Dan O said:

With the Lion facing the back of the helmet, it makes me think that they're running scared from the Packers :D

Overall, with the Steelers, I say it shouldn't be flipped, and should remain only on the one side. The Diamonds are from the US Steel logo, and so flipping them is akin to flipping a corporate logo.

Thanks Dan O'Mac for the input. Here are the revisions to the Steelers with single sided logo and no flip and the Lions, who no longer turn tail and run from the Packers.

5961b003a7eca_Steelers23perspectiveconcept.thumb.png.a0b7a01cc14f1a4d07cb3934df551475.png

5961affe667b0_Lions23perspectiveconcept.thumb.png.f51d86c38484f1ea3447cf29f3a0e4a1.png

5961afff3f236_Lions23dtemplateback34perspective.png.32282c01cdda3a70ea7be583f62f3ddd.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2015 at 2:20 PM, The Nati MacDaddy said:

Here is the larger numbers revision for Jets concept in front view only. I centered the single digit jersey number and changed the color. Do you like that, or should the number stay in the ones spot and to the right of the center stripe? Speedflex helmet style makes it more difficult to increase the size of the numbers too much without sinking into the channel in the front. A larger number might work at the back of the helmet.

5961b18458baa_Jets2speedflexconceptfrontperspective.thumb.png.b5a810e9a7a8c565cdd041ed7348bc5d.png5961b188ee961_Jetsspeedflexconceptbackperspective.thumb.png.98b3acc32faa91377d53836e6592a440.png

Here is the back perspective using the newly created template by Darth Brooks

I'm really liking most of this. The Jets design is very simple, yet looks great. I love the new Lion logo you made... the only design I don't like is the Texans helmet. It feels clunky and the horns are too rounded for my liking.

If you're doing requests, may I see a new Bucs helmet?

Here is the request of WCCI Library for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I created this using a 6 view template. I think it works well. Give me your thoughts on the back view in particular. I came up with an incentive sticker and decided to go with a treasure chest .

Players get this when they kick some "Booty"

5961b20d5c374_Bucsspeedflex6view.png.1ffb339cff0a3ae467c3f0eab258582f.png

On 4/18/2015 at 9:15 AM, drakexedge said:

I really dig the Jets. My suggestion would be to get rid of the very first "hash mark," and put the number there at the same size. It will look a little less forced that way.

Here is the latest revision to Jets in the 6 view format.

5961b315648b8_JetsSpeedflex6view.png.b83eec173cb317469fa1909f095546ca.png

Archived