New mothership logo coming Monday, March 30

nash61

The main problem is, there are a bunch of guys here who complain about over designed Logos who are now over designing a logo that looks just fine as it is.

The logo, as presented, is a perfectly fine logo for the site. It is a great way to introduce a new era for the site, and it will stand the test of time until Chris decides to change it again. It may be sooner, it may be later, but until then, quite fixing something that isn't broken.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the new one until I saw it updated in the forum banner. The details are so precise that it's kind of hard to look at - lots of fine details and sharp edges don't necessarily scale well.

Maybe if the icon were removed from the roundel it'd translate better?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Has the forum banner been updated yet? If so, then I'm not seeing it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The main problem is, there are a bunch of guys here who complain about over designed Logos who are now over designing a logo that looks just fine as it is.

The logo, as presented, is a perfectly fine logo for the site. It is a great way to introduce a new era for the site, and it will stand the test of time until Chris decides to change it again. It may be sooner, it may be later, but until then, quit fixing something that isn't broken.

How dare you guys post your ideas of how a logo can be improved upon! It's fine in my eyes, so you all need to stop!!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The main problem I have with the "fixes" in any reveal thread is that the real logos get buried. I'd prefer the concepts stay in that section, but this process has been repeated over and over again, so...

And yeah, the fix above made me think of a plane going down. I didn't want to say anything.

Without that extra piece of blue it also looks too much like the Cowboys' star.

It appears the majority of people who do like the new logo as is are the veterans of the site - not saying there's something fishy going on, just an observance.

You can make any logo subliminally look like something else, it's called imagination. What your imagination tells you isn't reflective of someone elses design that is purposely meant to represent something. It doesnt matter if you see a horse or a dolphin, it is a Star and a Leaf and that should be evident to everyone. I wish people would stop with the "it looks like..." and just judge it solely on the design, not your imagination.

Someone posted the version with an even split with no extra notches and that looks perfect. The points of the leaf are equidistant of the Star, it is symmetric and it fits the roundel better because all 5 points are the same distance from the circle. I don't know what those who see the original logo and feel that is more symmetric when its not (you have 2 different distances to the roundel but have 4 different angles, where as the updated one has only 2 distances and 2 different angles).

Those added notches to the original logo aren't necessary as they aren't part of either the leaf or the star if you were to simply just have one or the other inside the roundel.

It appears the majority of people who do like the new logo as is are the veterans of the site - not saying there's something fishy going on, just an observance.

This cracked me up. Let's say for a second that the "veterans" are doing something "fishy." What exactly would they be doing?

BB52Big.jpg

Has the forum banner been updated yet? If so, then I'm not seeing it.

QUwVGD2.png

You might have it, but I still got the old logo.

I just cleared my cache and now it has the new logo

Yep, that works! I got it now. :)

Archived