New mothership logo coming Monday, March 30

nash61

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else in favor of the 99-02 logo? She's a beaut! :P

With the new logo, am I the only one not grasping that extra bit coming out of the bottom left of the star? I've read through the thread and saw some interesting thoughts, but still not getting it. I admit it look more balanced--as opposed to the example from a previous post--but that just makes it seem extraneous, then, right?

Oh well, it's still a good update to the previous logos.

logo-evolution.png

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

These "fixed" logos look more unbalanced then the actual one does. I like it. I just may get a cap. It's a cool enough logo on its own to justify the purchase.

I agree. I don't normally wear royal blue, but I like the logo enough to change that :D

jnn46.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

and it's more evident that it's both a leaf and a star than the old logo. It was only like a year ago that I realized the red portions of the leaf were not a weirdly beveled leaf and were actually a star.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was never serious on that comment, I hope everyone knows that. I didn't expect someone to take my observation and blow it up into some "what he is saying is" because what I'm saying is that a lot of the people who like it are the Veterans of the site. That's all.

I think everyone can agree - or 90% - that the new logo that Chris chose is better than the previous and thats all that really matters. The logo doesn't have to be perfect in your own opinion - it isn't perfect to me - but I can live with it simply on the fact that it isn't a bad logo and it is better than the previous. Can we leave it at that? You can't please everyone but I think it does enough to satisfy the majority to some degree.

btw, no one is making fun of me because the comment was a light joke, hence why I liked Ice Cap's comment about "they're onto us" or something of that nature.

We hate your avatar. ;)

I think it's a huge upgrade, just to get that on record.

87Redskins.png

I got the whole star/maple leaf thing, but it's only now that I realized that it's not some weird distorted star; it's shaped normally, but part of it is "hidden" underneath the "C" and the outline of the leaf, making it look odd.

sportslogosnetlogo.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

We hate your avatar. ;)

I think it's a huge upgrade, just to get that on record.

aww, feelings hurt :( lol

Actually, its an update from my previous logo for the cars I used to design on Midnight Club Los Angeles and the Forza series. Figured it should be carried over to my other designs since the logo wasn't automobile centric. But whatever, its not relevant :P

To get back on topic, I too never realized how strange the star looked on the old logo. Its basically a layer of a Maple Leaf on top of a star, I always thought the Star was more prevalent.

The new favicon is good but...so tiny.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived