Buccaneers Logo Concept Revision

BucsBoy02

Alright here are the uniforms. I wen't 2 different ways with this. The first one I stuck closer to their previous set and the second is an attempt to make their current set work. I imagine the Pewter being metallic and a little bit lighter than their previous set's Pewter. Maybe even a satin metallic look kind of like the current Vikings helmet if its possible to get a fabric to match or come close to the same color.

1st set: Nothing to revolutionary. Same template and striping pattern as their previous set. Updated logo's, colors, and fonts. There is no chrome on these uniforms. I'm not sure about the ship logo color though. I don't know if it has enough black and white to stand out against the red background, but it works just fine on the white background. I've tried changing the color but it kind of throws it off. I've kept the over sized logo for both sets. But I've slightly reduced the size.

Buccaneers%202_zpsv2nkrntm.png

2nd set: With this set I wanted to take their current set and fix some of the things that bugged me about it. Starting with the number font. I used the same exact font that they are currently using but got rid of the slashes and patterns and reshaped them so they weren't so boxy. To me the current shoulder "spike" looks unfinished, so I extended it down to the cuff. I really do like the contrasting yoke look, when its not done as they have with their current set. I wanted to go with a more Titans style yoke. I went with one set of pants. I've never been a fan of white on white. I've never really been a fan of white at home either. Wearing white at home last year didn't help em any. lol Numbers and logo's that are on pewter have a mirror chrome outline, none of that "reflective" chrome bs. Both Sock colors can be used home or away. Although I would want to see them stick with orange at home and red on the road.

Buccaneers%201_zpsojbw1l3b.png

Overtime: While working on this I had a kind of crazy idea that has to do with helmet manufacturers. With over sized logo's it would be a neat option for profession teams to have helmet shapes customized to fit the logo rather than the other way around. By reshaping ridges, and moving vent holes there is no need to cut the logo or warp it to fit. I guess it would all depend on the engineering and safety of the helmet. Currently the only time this last year I saw the Buc's new logo cut for the rear vent hole was when they revealed it. Other than that all the games I watched they left it covered.

Anyways, I don't have much more to add right now. Let me know what you think!

These are all very nice.

I agree with the general consensus that the offical uniform oversized logos on the helmets and the 80's digital numbers aren't particularly nice.

Also, the brown reminds me of UPS....."what can Buc Brown do for you?"

These concepts are much, much more appealing.

Thank you for making my hometown Bucs look more presentable....even if its only on a forum! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The pewter looks too silver IMO. It needs to be darkened.

In the last update (Post 17) I did change the pewter to something roughly the same shade as what they are currently wearing.

I know, but I still think it's a little too light. Just a bit more would make perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Way, way better than their current. Can you fix their uniforms too?

Yeah, anything but those digital clock numbers!

I read in sports illustrated that their currents unis bring back memories of the USFL

Way, way better than their current. Can you fix their uniforms too?

Yeah, anything but those digital clock numbers!

I read in sports illustrated that their currents unis bring back memories of the USFL

Probably whoever wrote that one wasnt alive when the USFL was in operation. USFL uniforms were pretty much in the traditional style.

These current Bucs uniforms are an Arena league abomination

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Archived