Sign in to follow this  
Frenchie

Copyright/Trademark infringement?

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this website?

This is not a fantasy league, nor a community team, the guy runs a legitimate hockey business with this logo....

bcIw32S.jpg

Oh I see it. Probably will get away with it unfortunately.

The laziness of logo thieves never fails to amaze me. He couldn't even attempt to change anything from the original, aside from the letters. At least change the colors if you wanna steal a logo.

I'm blind. What did they steal?

td4k3g8ieh11myjys9m2.gif

1419634304.png

Upon further review, the only attempt he made to alter the logo was to make the top line straight instead of outlining the letters. Still, very lame of him.

Sad thing is, I know someone who knows the guy (I sort of know him too, played shinny hockey with him) and he's admitted to doing it knowingly...

no debate here, it's clear what he did. the ECHL has every right to sue for trademark infringement. i believe theres a minimum settlement on that kind of suit and if memory recalls correctly, it's $200K. if he's made any profits from using the logo/site they would likely be claimed as well.

Send the link to the league (echl@echl.com). At the very least they deserve to know this exists. What they choose to do with that information is up to them.