The Marlins' new logo has both in it. I might be mistaken, but I think the Heat's logo has both. Sorry, no pics.

P.S. While googleing this I saw a picture of a golden Oreo package, and the filling was candy corn. I had never heard of something like that before.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Marlins' new logo has both in it. I might be mistaken, but I think the Heat's logo has both. Sorry, no pics.

P.S. While googleing this I saw a picture of a golden Oreo package, and the filling was candy corn. I had never heard of something like that before.

The Astros current one has two shades of orange, one could probably be considered a shade of yellow. And of course the Astros sunrise did.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

YES! How could I forget about the Marlins' new unis??? OMG thanks so much for this! Now that I just looked at some pics of the Marlins' unis they are like the Oklahoma City Thunder of MLB if you don't include the black.

Philadelphia Blazers of the WHA:

parentb.jpg

After some research I would say the red-orange color on the Blazers's jerseys was closer to red than orange but thanks anyway!

They called it Orange.

The Heat used to utilize both, but eliminated the Orange after the 1998-1999 season.

MiamiHeat_FRC01_1999_SCC_SRGB.png

Those are a special limited-edition flavor for Halloween season. I have never tried them but they sound good.

I think if the orange-and-yellow color combo ever becomes a teal-like trend (meaning every new expansion team has it in their color scheme and teams that never had it before are suddenly adopting it) it could be referred to as Candy Corn. Here's a visual aid:

Candy-Corn.jpg

Golden-State-Warriors-1997-2002-Home-Jer

YES! I loved those uniforms! They actually crossed my mind when brainstorming but I forgot to include them in my original post. I'm pretty sure they even had an orange alternate jersey! Thank you so much! :)

I actually liked the ones they replaced, and would've liked them even more had there been a yellow alternate (or yellow home and white alternate). I never much cared for these till the orange alt came out. That was a pretty sweet alt.

AR-812120343.jpg

WOW! Awesome! Thanks so much for this, I actually never even heard of the Montana Grizzlies. The photo above shows throwback uniforms, correct? Do you know what year these unis are throwing back to? They look very 80's with the giant "MONTANA" text on the chest above the numbers. Also on the Montana Grizzlies wikipedia page is very interesting information about how the team changed colors from maroon and silver to copper and gold in 1968 and kept them until 1996, when they switched back to maroon and silver. Are there any other college football teams who had such a dramatic shift in color scheme during the modern era?

Sometime back in the late 1990s I got ahold of something or other that listed the nicknames and colors for a whole bunch of schools. I don't think it had all the Division I hoops schools, but I do believe it had more than just the Division I football schools. Anyway, if I recall correctly, I think it listed maroon, copper, gold, AND silver as school colors for Montana. Did they ever have a period where they attempted to combine the four? Did they do this on unis, or was it just a school-only thing (like the University of North Dakota having pink as an official color)? Are copper and gold still considered school colors in a tertiary-type way? I guess what I'm asking is, has there ever been any crossover?

It's an absolute travesty that the Marlins blue is considered a "secondary" color.

Very true. Of course, if they featured it more, they could be accused of trying to rip off OKC, not that anyone would want to do that. lol

LA Kiss

wp2fd3d572_05_06.jpg

This is off topic but what is the name of the team in white? I like the red panel at the top of the rear of the pants. Reminds me a lot of 1980's BMX pants which I've thought for a long time would make cool football pants.

Portland Thunder

AR-812120343.jpg

WOW! Awesome! Thanks so much for this, I actually never even heard of the Montana Grizzlies. The photo above shows throwback uniforms, correct? Do you know what year these unis are throwing back to? They look very 80's with the giant "MONTANA" text on the chest above the numbers. Also on the Montana Grizzlies wikipedia page is very interesting information about how the team changed colors from maroon and silver to copper and gold in 1968 and kept them until 1996, when they switched back to maroon and silver. Are there any other college football teams who had such a dramatic shift in color scheme during the modern era?

Sometime back in the late 1990s I got ahold of something or other that listed the nicknames and colors for a whole bunch of schools. I don't think it had all the Division I hoops schools, but I do believe it had more than just the Division I football schools. Anyway, if I recall correctly, I think it listed maroon, copper, gold, AND silver as school colors for Montana. Did they ever have a period where they attempted to combine the four? Did they do this on unis, or was it just a school-only thing (like the University of North Dakota having pink as an official color)? Are copper and gold still considered school colors in a tertiary-type way? I guess what I'm asking is, has there ever been any crossover?

I think the only crossover between the copper and gold era and the current maroon and silver era was when the football team wore copper and gold throwbacks in 2008. As far as I know that was just a one-game thing. Here is more info from Wikipedia about the team's colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Grizzlies_football#Uniforms

Ok, this is off topic but i have no idea where else to post this so I am posting it in this thread since it is getting a lot of views:

I made another post yesterday in the General / The Lounge section of the SportsLogos.net forum and today I can't find it anywhere. I originally thought it was just moved to a different section of the forum, but I clicked on the Topics button in my profile and it isn't listed there either. It's like I never even posted the thing. What gives? Here is the title to help figure out what happened to it:

"Stars on SportsLogos.net Profiles: What are they for? / What does "Like This!" Do?"

I originally wanted to make the post in a section devoted to technical questions about the SportsLogos.net website and forum but I couldn't find one. Is there one?

The only thing I can think happened was my post was deleted by SportsLogos.net staff for some reason, but I have zero warning points so I don't think that's the case. I know for certain the post was submitted correctly and went live on the site because I remember seeing the post's title among the list of other post titles in The Lounge.

What gives?

Archived