I don't think the Marlins will ever use yellow for anything official as to this point it's only used in the logo and that's the only way it gets on the uniforms to begin with.

The blue could definitely come into play more down the line. Even though all four of their division rivals use blue, whenever someone realizes how different Miami's "ocean blue" is , people tend to fall in love with it. And Even though its still only an accent color on the uniforms blue is used quite a bit in off the field merchandise and other team artwork. There's a hot selling ocean blue jersey sold at the team store, as well as a cap. And there's been a couple of players who have brought it into things like their shoes and gloves. Find photos from the 4/8 game against the Braves... Dee Gordon wore some gorgeous shoes that we're black with a red-orange heel and sole but the entire front/toe and the laces were that ocean blue. I loved it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus+Destroyers+v+New+York+Dragons+U

That's the New York Dragons arena team right? Sorry but their colors were black, red, gold, and white, no orange.

Not true. Their colors were as follows:

NewYorkDragons_FRC01_2008_SCC_SRGB.png

There was both Orange and Yellow in the logos, and on some of the uniform designs they had over the years, both colors were used.

Columbus+Destroyers+v+New+York+Dragons+U

That's the New York Dragons arena team right? Sorry but their colors were black, red, gold, and white, no orange.
Not true. Their colors were as follows:

NewYorkDragons_FRC01_2008_SCC_SRGB.png

There was both Orange and Yellow in the logos, and on some of the uniform designs they had over the years, both colors were used.

Wikipedia says their colors were black, red, gold, and white. I'm sorry but that's the only reference I have access to. I love how you always come in to "settle" color arguments when you seem to be the only person with access to this Pantone database, however official it is. What gives you the right to say a team's colors were called this or included that? Do you just have a huge sports team style guide collection? Do you own a company whose service is color matching between materials for sports team merchandise and uniforms? I'm not trying to be rude and I hope I didn't insult you but I'm just curious how you always think you're right and how everybody else here takes your pantone palettes or color chips as gospel. I don't like to be corrected so if you're going to correct me at least state your source to back up what you're saying. Said with due respect, sir. :)

Wikipedia says their colors were black, red, gold, and white. I'm sorry but that's the only reference I have access to. I love how you always come in to "settle" color arguments when you seem to be the only person with access to this Pantone database, however official it is. What gives you the right to say a team's colors were called this or included that? Do you just have a huge sports team style guide collection? Do you own a company whose service is color matching between materials for sports team merchandise and uniforms? I'm not trying to be rude and I hope I didn't insult you but I'm just curious how you always think you're right and how everybody else here takes your pantone palettes or color chips as gospel. I don't like to be corrected so if you're going to correct me at least state your source to back up what you're saying. Said with due respect, sir. :)

Yes - I have over 400 GB worth of sports vector graphics, including 40-50 printed Style Guides covering all five major sports leagues, and many minor leagues. Not only that, but I have created a series of relational databases that store color information, collegiate information, professional franchise information, as well as venues, and also have built a custom color matching utility.

I have been collecting this information for close to 40 years.

This color information is collected through official style guides, uniform graphics sheets, official logo files, etc. I specifically note which colors are estimates vs. a confirmed Pantone color by including an asterisk * in the lower right-hand corner of any color swatch - here is an example of a "guess":

MinnesotaFightingPike_FRC01_1996_SCC_SRG

As you can see - all of those colors (save the Black and White) are estimates. I do not have confirmation of the actual colors used, so they are flagged as such. However, I have put in a great deal of research on the Pike, and feel fairly confident in the estimates I have provided. If I ever obtain an official sheet or an official vector file, I will make the necessary corrections.

For the Dragons, I have official logosheets from 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2007 that all show the version that I presented. Honestly, I believe the version on Chris's site is incorrect.

Wikipedia should NOT be anyone's reference for team color information. Go to my own site at www.colorwerx.net for this info - I can guarantee that it is far more accurate and much more complete.

I stand behind my research 100%.

Archived