My NFL redesign.

calvinedward1229

Your Broncos and Titans sets have too many similarities that come off as gimmicky (especially when used on back-to-back teams). In my opinion, the horse mane and flames seems forced and they don't work on the shoulders. (And you have already basically done the same idea for the Patriots, so it seems like you are taking one idea and using it over and over.) For both concepts you also put their logo halfway down the pant stripe. Again, it's not my favorite look, but I can understand you trying to do it once, but doing it twice is definitely too much. (And if you keep the Bronco logo on the pants, it needs to be flipped.)

Yes they are "similar" sets but I could say the same about the many concepts that people designs that all have 3 stripe patterns on the sleeves and pants. I dont know how you think it seems forced? I havent seen really any designs like the Broncos or Titans set and thats why I went with it. Just because both both sets have the logo incorporated into the chest of the jersey and halfway down the pants, doesnt mean I used the same Idea. How many of concepts have you seen of people putting a logo on the hip? or the knee? So the Patriots are the same idea since the logo is incorporated into the jersey? Hahaha ok man. So I guess If I had put piping down the sides or striping on the sleeves then you would have said the same thing? Of course not. ALL NFL uniform concepts are going to be similar.

Three stripes is a classic look. Flames/manes on shoulders is a gimmick-y look. THAT'S why you'll get called out on it.

Most importantly, you need to relax and try to see where people are coming from. I don't feel davidmiller5 is attacking your design, and providing feedback... and you're getting defensive. I feel he was trying to help, and you immediately shot down every single thing he said could be fixed. So far, the only critique you've given any indication that you could fix is the piss-poor coloring you had on the Titans set. All feedback has it's purpose. But you're not going to get "C&C" if you don't take any of it as something you can change.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Broncos and Titans sets have too many similarities that come off as gimmicky (especially when used on back-to-back teams). In my opinion, the horse mane and flames seems forced and they don't work on the shoulders. (And you have already basically done the same idea for the Patriots, so it seems like you are taking one idea and using it over and over.) For both concepts you also put their logo halfway down the pant stripe. Again, it's not my favorite look, but I can understand you trying to do it once, but doing it twice is definitely too much. (And if you keep the Bronco logo on the pants, it needs to be flipped.)

Yes they are "similar" sets but I could say the same about the many concepts that people designs that all have 3 stripe patterns on the sleeves and pants. I dont know how you think it seems forced? I havent seen really any designs like the Broncos or Titans set and thats why I went with it. Just because both both sets have the logo incorporated into the chest of the jersey and halfway down the pants, doesnt mean I used the same Idea. How many of concepts have you seen of people putting a logo on the hip? or the knee? On the sleeve? Guess all of those you the same idea and are forced. as well.

So the Patriots are the same idea since the logo is incorporated into the jersey? Hahaha ok man. So I guess If I had put piping down the sides or striping on the sleeves then you would have said the same thing? Of course not. ALL NFL uniform concepts are going to be similar.

There are some things that are fairly standard in uniforms, and some things that aren't. It is when you do something never done before--like the logo halfway down the leg--that is unique. It isn't necessarily bad, but when it shows up on back-to-back concepts, it seems repetitive to me.

I was saying that the Bronco mane and Titan's fire look forced to me. I'm not trying to offend you; I'm just offering my opinion. The thing I don't like about these is that you are chopping logos and placing them on the jerseys in odd places. Where is the fire coming from in the Titans' sets? Part of the bronco's neck is on the jersey; what happens to the rest of it?

I'm not trying to start--and won't get into--a flame war. I wish you the best with your designs; I'm just trying to help you out.

Best,

David

award%20sig.png

Yes they are "similar" sets but I could say the same about the many concepts that people designs that all have 3 stripe patterns on the sleeves and pants. I dont know how you think it seems forced? I havent seen really any designs like the Broncos or Titans set and thats why I went with it. Just because both both sets have the logo incorporated into the chest of the jersey and halfway down the pants, doesnt mean I used the same Idea. How many of concepts have you seen of people putting a logo on the hip? or the knee? On the sleeve? Guess all of those you the same idea and are forced. as well.

So the Patriots are the same idea since the logo is incorporated into the jersey? Hahaha ok man. So I guess If I had put piping down the sides or striping on the sleeves then you would have said the same thing? Of course not. ALL NFL uniform concepts are going to be similar.

There are some things that are fairly standard in uniforms, and some things that aren't. It is when you do something never done before--like the logo halfway down the leg--that is unique. It isn't necessarily bad, but when it shows up on back-to-back concepts, it seems repetitive to me.

I was saying that the Bronco mane and Titan's fire look forced to me. I'm not trying to offend you; I'm just offering my opinion. The thing I don't like about these is that you are chopping logos and placing them on the jerseys in odd places. Where is the fire coming from in the Titans' sets? Part of the bronco's neck is on the jersey; what happens to the rest of it?

I'm not trying to start--and won't get into--a flame war. I wish you the best with your designs; I'm just trying to help you out.

Best,

David

I get what youre saying, I wasnt taking it in a bad way, I welcome any all criticism because Im no pro at this, its just something I enjoy. I didnt mean to come off sounding like a jerk if I did. Its really hard to get the context of written text.

The Flames is coming from the actual current Titans logo. I still wanted it to be part of the uniform I just never have like it on the helmet. It does seem a bit random though. The The Broncos and Titans sets were actually done 15 days apart, I just posted them at the same time. My problem is, is that I tend to work on one for a bit then work on another before finishing so I dont get burnt out. Its weird I know.

What do you think of my others? Which one in your opinion looks best? I personally really like my Packers throwback with the textured leather helmet.(a little biased due t the fact that I am a Packers fan) Tahnks for taking the time to critique my work.

Yes they are "similar" sets but I could say the same about the many concepts that people designs that all have 3 stripe patterns on the sleeves and pants. I dont know how you think it seems forced? I havent seen really any designs like the Broncos or Titans set and thats why I went with it. Just because both both sets have the logo incorporated into the chest of the jersey and halfway down the pants, doesnt mean I used the same Idea. How many of concepts have you seen of people putting a logo on the hip? or the knee? So the Patriots are the same idea since the logo is incorporated into the jersey? Hahaha ok man. So I guess If I had put piping down the sides or striping on the sleeves then you would have said the same thing? Of course not. ALL NFL uniform concepts are going to be similar.

Three stripes is a classic look. Flames/manes on shoulders is a gimmick-y look. THAT'S why you'll get called out on it.

Most importantly, you need to relax and try to see where people are coming from. I don't feel davidmiller5 is attacking your design, and providing feedback... and you're getting defensive. I feel he was trying to help, and you immediately shot down every single thing he said could be fixed. So far, the only critique you've given any indication that you could fix is the piss-poor coloring you had on the Titans set. All feedback has it's purpose. But you're not going to get "C&C" if you don't take any of it as something you can change.

Sorry I wasnt trying to come off they way at all. Sorry it came across that way.

Your Titans concept still has multiple different blues/lavenders on it.

Yes, you should just pick one shade of blue and stick with it throughout the concept. Probably should make it a bit darker.

As far as your new falcons logo, I feel its amateurish (I know you're not a professional), it looks more like a high school logo than an NFL team's logo. (Kind of ironic because many high schools teams ripoff the current falcons logo.) Don't think yellow is necessary for the beak either.

JeKhnr9.png

Yes, you should just pick one shade of blue and stick with it throughout the concept. Probably should make it a bit darker.

As far as your new falcons logo, I feel its amateurish (I know you're not a professional), it looks more like a high school logo than an NFL team's logo. (Kind of ironic because many high schools teams ripoff the current falcons logo.) Don't think yellow is necessary for the beak either.

Sorry man, Im a little color blind and have a hard time with blues and purples. I fixed it though I think...

regarding The Falcons log..How does it look amatuerish?

I like the shade of blue you've gone with on the Titans, but I don't like the TV Numbers on the logo on the sleeve. It's just too much going on in too small of an area. If you really want to do that, I'd put them up on the shoulders and a simple striping pattern on the sleeve. I'd drop the flame on the shoulder to accommodate that.

Sorry man, Im a little color blind and have a hard time with blues and purples. I fixed it though I think...

It looks like you fixed the titans blue problem you were having.

The falcons logo looks flat. If you look at the current falcons logo it has shapes throughout the logo to give it more of a "3D" look and you can tell where the body and wings met. I'm not saying your logo is horrible but it definitely needs some work.

299.gif

JeKhnr9.png

It looks like you fixed the titans blue problem you were having.

The falcons logo looks flat. If you look at the current falcons logo it has shapes throughout the logo to give it more of a "3D" look and you can tell where the body and wings met. I'm not saying your logo is horrible but it definitely needs some work.

299.gif

O ok..yeah I know it looks flat, but I wasnt going with a 3d look. I was going more for a more simple and less cluttered look. Their current logo loks like theres just too much going on. Just my opinion though. What I did was kinda mixed the old logo with the current and changed the striping on the wing. My logo is flat, but I think it looks sleeker, but thats just me, I like simpler things.

Yeah, fixed the titans the best I could...I might remove the flames later on to see how it looks.

I like the shade of blue you've gone with on the Titans, but I don't like the TV Numbers on the logo on the sleeve. It's just too much going on in too small of an area. If you really want to do that, I'd put them up on the shoulders and a simple striping pattern on the sleeve. I'd drop the flame on the shoulder to accommodate that.

So just move the numbers to the top of the shoulders?

I really like that Falcons concept.

Thank you very much. What do you think of the logo?

I can dig it. I would make the beak and eye both silver though, and on the helmet I would put a white stroke around it, similar to how they do now so that it pops a little more.

Archived