Designing the Final Four (UK, UW and Duke completed)

mattb6

XkBSVN6.png

March Madness is starting to die down, but the Final Four this weekend will no doubt be an exciting one. Wisconsin, Kentucky, Duke, and Michigan State will fight it out to see who will be become the National Champion. As I've done in the past, I will be designing this important event (because I'm not good at comitting myself to long term projects). With that, I'd like to bring the first team to the table: The Wisconsin Badgers

nmr3Kv3.png

Even though the Badgers won't be wearing red in real life against the Wildcats, Frank Kaminsky and company will wear red in my fictional Final Four, because blue and red contrast enough, and color on color is awesome.

1DFZkug.png

#BrandSpeak: adidas and Wisconsin basketball have colaborated to make a special uniform for Wisconsin's 2015 NCAA Final Four (brought to you by Powerade) run. The sleek uniform represents Wisconsin's reputation for dairy products. Cheese is smooth and sleek, just like the uniforms. The shorts, however, represent Wisconsin as a team. The four sublimal stripes represent the team's four Final Four (brought to you Vizio) appearances. The white lines represent a pedestal, because the Badgers will be on top of the NCAA world after the tournament.

The red stays unchanged.

Actual: The uniform is fairly simple, mimicking Wiscy's football team, and its fairly simple uniform designs of year's past. The design pays homage to the 1941 National Championship team, with the stripes on the shorts similar to the striped socks. The stripes also represent Bucky Badger's shirt (and adidas cause I know someone will say it). NNOBs because that's what Wisconsin has done in the past. The name and numbers mimick the logo, and the current style at Wiscy.

yARnVSG.png

Any C&C on the Badgers is welcome. The next 3 teams will release as follows:

Thursday: UK

Friday: Duke

Saturday: MSU

Enjoy! Expect an NBA redesign from me soon, as I'm in the progress of completing that.

spacer.png

Like the Badgers concept overall, but I don't like the drop-shadow on the numbers (just not a fan of that in general) and in the #BrandSpeak you should switch Powerade to BadgerMax (the school's sports drink).

JeKhnr9.png

Really like Wisconsin. The four-stripe pedestal design is really nice, and the #BrandSpeak explanation isn't that bad. The Lightning and Islanders in the NHL have their victory stripes, so there's precedent ^_^ The presentation is really well done, too. I like the custom wordmarks to match the Final Four logo.

One thing though...you said Wisconsin will be in white against Kentucky...shouldn't Kentucky be in white since they're the number one overall seed? Or did they choose to wear blue to showcase their other Disruption uniform?

I love this. Is it possible to get that font?

I believe it's in one of Conrad's awesome packs, and if you search for Wisconsins don't on Google you'd find it.

I think he meant the font that says "REDESIGNING FINAL FOUR" AND "WISCONSIN BADGERS"

JeKhnr9.png

Solid. Definitely an upgrade over the current crud that Adidas trolled out for Wisconsin. I think these showcase a lot of restraint and its for the better.

Really like Wisconsin. The four-stripe pedestal design is really nice, and the #BrandSpeak explanation isn't that bad. The Lightning and Islanders in the NHL have their victory stripes, so there's precedent ^_^ The presentation is really well done, too. I like the custom wordmarks to match the Final Four logo.

One thing though...you said Wisconsin will be in white against Kentucky...shouldn't Kentucky be in white since they're the number one overall seed? Or did they choose to wear blue to showcase their other Disruption uniform?

You know, I've always hated how basketball has done it as top seed wearing white. Kentucky will in fact be wearing white in real life, and Wisconsin red. I'll have Kentucky in blue when I roll them out, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

And if I'm not mistaking the font I used for the graphics was Aharoni, but I added all of the streaks.

spacer.png

ohzywu6.png

I'm back tonight with the undefeated Kentucky Wildcats. UK entered the tournament perfect, and look to continue that against Wisconsin.

goGAG3G.png

A fairly simple look agains for UK. I'll assure you guys though, MSU and Duke won't be quite as simple as UK and Wiscy.

#BrandSpeak: The University of Kentucky and Nike have parternered to make the most innovative college basketball uniform to date. The uniform is 15% lighter, due to the use of recycled wildcat feces in the threads. The jersey harkens back to the 1940s when Kentucky basketball featured an arched form of the school name. The blue is to represent the blue-collar state that Kentucky is. The shorts represent progress. The newly revised checkerboard pattern moves forward, like UK basketball always is. #BigBlueNation

Actual: The Kentucky wordmark does in fact bring back the old arched wordmark which was also used on the HyperElite UK jersey last year. The jersey remains fairly simple, like in year's past. The shorts have a new checkerboard pattern, to distance UK from SEC rival Tennesee. It's not even really a checkerboard anymore, actually.

3aXva3h.png

Enjoy! Any and all C&C is welcome. Tomorrow I'll showcase Duke, and on Saturday I'll reveil my MSU design.

spacer.png

ohzywu6.png

I'm back tonight with the undefeated Kentucky Wildcats. UK entered the tournament perfect, and look to continue that against Wisconsin.

goGAG3G.png

A fairly simple look agains for UK. I'll assure you guys though, MSU and Duke won't be quite as simple as UK and Wiscy.

#BrandSpeak: The University of Kentucky and Nike have parternered to make the most innovative college basketball uniform to date. The uniform is 15% lighter, due to the use of recycled wildcat feces in the threads. The jersey harkens back to the 1940s when Kentucky basketball featured an arched form of the school name. The blue is to represent the blue-collar state that Kentucky is. The shorts represent progress. The newly revised checkerboard pattern moves forward, like UK basketball always is. #BigBlueNation

Actual: The Kentucky wordmark does in fact bring back the old arched wordmark which was also used on the HyperElite UK jersey last year. The jersey remains fairly simple, like in year's past. The shorts have a new checkerboard pattern, to distance UK from SEC rival Tennesee. It's not even really a checkerboard anymore, actually.

3aXva3h.png

Enjoy! Any and all C&C is welcome. Tomorrow I'll showcase Duke, and on Saturday I'll reveil my MSU design.

I must say the checkers look a little much like a Windows XP design. Other than that good work.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

How does recycled wildcat feces make it lighter? :upside: Overall I like them especially the color on color theme. I am not sure that I like the new checkerboard pattern,

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

This is great, UK's look so much better than what they're wearing now. I've always thought UK's checkerboard was weird, since one of their rivals, Tennessee, is known for it. But the way you did it here makes it so much more unique and different. I would be interested to see that in a white, only because Nike has really thrown the white jerseys at America this year. Can't wait to see the rest the other two teams.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

51urGO1.png

I'm back with the number one seeded Duke Blue Devils. Duke will take on MSU tomorrow night in the Final Four. I put Duke in white just in case they would have to play Kentucky in the National Championship Monday.

zxVttjw.png

#BrandSpeak: The Duke Blue Devils are back at it for another Championship run, and have parterned with Nike to make the best Duke basketball uniform to date. The iconic striping on the sides represents the heart and soul of the Cameron Crazies somehow. The design on the pants is sleek and fast, just like Duke on the court. The large "DUKE" proudly displayed across the chest represents the in-your-face play of the Blue Devils.

Actual: The side striping remians the same to some degree, but with black being eliminated from the jersey, the outline is gone. It also goes from large on the bottom to small in the middle and large again. Motion lines on the botton of the shorts because I've always imagined the striping as a spear, and it shows it moving forward, and colliding into the stripe on the bottom of the pants. The uniform was largely inspired by the Christian Laettner-era Duke Blue Devils, but I didn't put together an inspiration picture because that was almost it.

Enjoy! Michigan State to follow tomorrow, and that will conclude my little mini-series. Happy Easter/Passover!

spacer.png

Archived