Big League worthy Minor League looks/identities

Soundwave721

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are all great looks! If Hershey dropped those thin side stripes, it'd be close to perfect IMO. Also, I dig New Orleans' logo, but their uniforms could use a change.

I'll throw some out there:

San Jose SaberCats

sanjosesabercatsuniforms_zpscsdnl4ch.jpg

Their white jersey is just beautiful. The green and gold really work well together, especially on their road set.

*shameless homer pick*

Minnesota United FC

mnunitedfc_zpsj1gfklwi.jpg

Here's a team that I hope brings their current look to MLS when they come up in a few years! I really enjoyed their rebrand in 2013 and think it would be one of the sharpest in MLS if they are able to retain all aspects of their identity with the move.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

I agree completely with the AHL Bears and Americans. Solid looks, nothing gimmicky, and they stand on their own, not borrowing anything substantial from their NHL affiliates.

*shameless homer pick*

Minnesota United FC

Here's a team that I hope brings their current look to MLS when they come up in a few years! I really enjoyed their rebrand in 2013 and think it would be one of the sharpest in MLS if they are able to retain all aspects of their identity with the move.

I'm still wondering if the MLS will allow two "United" teams - D.C. and possibly Minnesota. No one seems to be mentioning that.

*shameless homer pick*Minnesota United FCmnunitedfc_zpsj1gfklwi.jpgHere's a team that I hope brings their current look to MLS when they come up in a few years! I really enjoyed their rebrand in 2013 and think it would be one of the sharpest in MLS if they are able to retain all aspects of their identity with the move.

I'm still wondering if the MLS will allow two "United" teams - D.C. and possibly Minnesota. No one seems to be mentioning that.

EPL does. Newcastle United and Manchester United. I don't see why it would be a problem.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

What are some minor league or non Big 4 league looks/identities that you feel are so good, you'd say they are big league quality?

Here are some of my picks.

Hershey Bears

hershey-bears-springfield-2.jpg

Reno Aces

tyler-kuhn.jpeg

New Orleans Voodoo

danny-wimprinejpg-4f645b74b277c909_large

Rochester Americans

1393561097000-dmrdc5-6e7ivjh6xl0azpuy7tk

The New Orleans Houston Texans? Who's the fat quarterback, btw? It's not Jared Lorenzen, because he's a lefty, but that's one big dude.

*shameless homer pick*

Minnesota United FC

A local reporter asked Don Garber about that and he said it was an interesting question. He went on to say that the league and the team "are looking at all the possibilities". I immediately assumed MN would have to change to something other than United but probably keep most of the elements of their crest.

Why would that even be a problem, though? The league already has two "Cit (ies)"--New York and Orlando. So what if there's a second "United"?

Also...being that this is the first time I've seen those MNU kits...if MLS let's them in like that they'll instantly challenge for best-looking side. Those things are great.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Some more looks at the Amerks...I find them one of the best looks in all of hockey.

I personally LOVE the red jersey/blue pants, while the blue on blue isn't terrible, and the white just looks classy.

They have a youth organization that dresses nearly the exact same that frequently plays my younger cousin's team. They're some of the sharpest looking kids on the ice.

Amerks-KevinPorter-s.jpg20141210-Amerks-Top.jpg20121229-BiegaSensBig.jpg

Not to say its good or I like it, but the Toyota patch doesn't even look horrible.

Screw the Nordiques. If Quebec City needs an identity for hockey, look no further that the Citadelles.

Citadelles36MORISSETTEhomefrontG.jpg53-f.jpg

higgins_i.jpgryder.jpg

Also, the Manitoba Moose:

keefe.JPGmtb%20away%20darby%2005-06%20f.jpg

P1010159_zps275331ee.jpg

59952-3Fr.jpgtumblr_lmeqyuuSlr1qkdx10o1_400.jpg

8422.0120_hodgson.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

*shameless homer pick*

Minnesota United FC

A local reporter asked Don Garber about that and he said it was an interesting question. He went on to say that the league and the team "are looking at all the possibilities". I immediately assumed MN would have to change to something other than United but probably keep most of the elements of their crest.

I hope not; as many have already stated, it shouldn't be a big deal to have two "United" clubs in MLS. However, I could definitely see that being the case. When the club was going through tough times (Minnesota Thunder folded after nearly 20 years of operation in 2009, then the NSC Minnesota Stars (league-owned, named after the National Sports Center stadium) were around for 2 years, then renamed Minnesota Stars FC for a year before the United rebrand), it was hard to get used to any identity because of the clear instability.

When Bill McGuire bought the franchise, a lot of people scoffed at the "United FC" name (some suggested this was done because he was the CEO of UnitedHealthGroup), but other than that, it's been a home run logo/uni set.

I have been thinking, though: if they do change their name, what would it be? I for one would hope they could keep some semblance of their crest and simply change to Minnesota Loons FC/SC or something similar. However, I hope everything remains unchanged for the move up to MLS.

*sorry for all the parenthetical asides. got a bit history-lesson-ish on accident, lol.

FWIW, I always thought the Minnesota Thunder had a great, stereotypical 00's look:

mnthunderlogo_zpsufnp3xjr.png

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Archived