Bakersfield Condors AHL logo unveiled

So basically just the old logo without the roundel behind it with "Bakersfield" on it in the parent club's colors. Reasonable approach I guess and the same one the incoming former AHL ECHL teams took.

I've always liked the condor itself, but good gravy that wordmark is bad. The "C" is just a bit too rectangular for the rest of the wordmark, and the serifs on the "N", "D", and "R" look pretty awkward. I was hoping they'd have made a new wordmark or just eliminated it altogether.

The Condor does look pretty good in Oiler colors, though. I really like the look of it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

its not the worst of the new AHL team logos IMO...but its far from the best...you guys are right though he does look good in Oiler colors

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

I think keeping a recolored version of the old logo, and getting rid of the circle, which just cluttered the whole thing up, is a good move. I do wish that they would have addressed some of the sloppy detail that could be cleaned up, as well as the awkward lettering, but as a whole, the angle and crouched position of the condor has always been just right in my opinion.

I never realized how awful that wordmark is. In the current colors it doesn't stand out against the black of the condor and the dark green and burgundy. The orange makes it pop, and draws attention to how bad it really is. Just the condor on the stick would be a better logo, keep the wordmark separate.

Archived