USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

Quick question...

In your sig, did you purposely leave out the California Grizzlies?

I left out the Suns and sidewinders too. I basically wanted more variety with colors and logos, but my sig will change from time to time as I post more teams. Basically, it's a collection of my favorite hats :P

spacer.png

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked cursive because I wanted an old school look to go with their baseball history in this universe. That and the loops in the O and C sort of remind me of a twister, if that makes sense. Just like the Marlins, I don't think there's anything wrong with scripts for a new franchise.

spacer.png

I'm starting to lean away from a Sunday alt for the Cyclones; it seems like I already have a number of those already in the league. Here's six options I've put together in case I do decide to go with two alts. Comment your favorite or anything else you'd like to see!

HqKsWxs.png

LxeS79s.png

Zgpxb0E.png

spacer.png

To me I only see 2 uniforms posted 3 times. I must not be able to see anything right now. Both of the alternates that I see look good though. I especially like how Colorado turned out. Great series so far! Looking forward to the rest of it.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

To me I only see 2 uniforms posted 3 times. I must not be able to see anything right now. Both of the alternates that I see look good though. I especially like how Colorado turned out. Great series so far! Looking forward to the rest of it.

The number placement is different. The first set has staggered numbers, the second has even numbers, and the third has no numbers.

1st one!

By that, do you mean the original?

spacer.png

The number placement is different. The first set has staggered numbers, the second has even numbers, and the third has no numbers.

1st one!

By that, do you mean the original?

Yes the original. I like how it gives you a uniform with the same logo as the cap. Also, I didn't catch this earlier but Goliath National Bank Ballpark is a really awesome touch to New York from a huge HIMYM fan haha! B)

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-15%20at%201.39.3

I think it's too basic with no numbers. It'll be a modern classic with staggered numbers, the modern logo, and the red piping. Now, after seeing how the red "O" logo looks, it doesn't look as good as the Cyclone logo. IMO, jersey #1 on your list above looks the best. I also think that this jersey should be worn for day games only.

I think it's too basic with no numbers. It'll be a modern classic with staggered numbers, the modern logo, and the red piping. Now, after seeing how the red "O" logo looks, it doesn't look as good as the Cyclone logo. IMO, jersey #1 on your list above looks the best. I also think that this jersey should be worn for day games only.

Yeah, day games are the plan. I could say it's used like the Cardinals do, for Saturday and weekday day home games. The O didn't look as good as I thought it would, but I've thought about putting it on the sleeves...

spacer.png

A lot of your stuff is great but the way you use your color palettes is what I've noticed most. A lot of concepts have poor color assignment but that's never the issue with your work so I'm glad to see you have that part down well.

If anything, just more practice with refining your logos (the sidewinders snake immediately comes to mind) would hekp to take your concepts to the next level.

Midway.png

The original looks pretty cool, and I just noticed your sig! Pretty cool!

Thanks!

Let me guess...next team is Jacksonville

Nope, I suppose you caught my little tidbit in the history about them ;). They are coming up soon.

A lot of your stuff is great but the way you use your color palettes is what I've noticed most. A lot of concepts have poor color assignment but that's never the issue with your work so I'm glad to see you have that part down well.

If anything, just more practice with refining your logos (the sidewinders snake immediately comes to mind) would hekp to take your concepts to the next level.

Thank you! Color balance is one of those things that I can be pretty OCD about and go nuts if it isn't perfect, so I appreciate that! And yeah, some of these teams (Sidewinders, Dusters, Loggers, Knights) are close to two and a half years old, so some of the logos aren't as well designed as I would like. The sidewinders logo is one example. I'll go back and take a look. Thanks for the comment! It really helps me to improve.

I'm gone the next couple of days so I can't put up the next team, and it's been 6 days so we're due for a new one. I'll try and put it up today, but keep in mind the book isn't closed on Omaha. As for the alternates, I'm leaning towards the middle left or right. I could put the O on the chest and the cyclone on the sleeve to balance it out, how would that work?

spacer.png

Archived