USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a potential update to the Fire. I didn't like the fire script on the red jersey because it didn't look all that consistent and I like the idea of a colored jersey matching its primary. Not to mention I think fans would like the orange jersey script much more if it only appeared on one set. I think that creates a lot more realism here. I went with your guy's suggestion with the cap and Opening Day set. I also enlarged the "AN" in San Francisco a bit on the road script.

z3RpG3Q.png

s5IRKBf.png

otUnHp5.png

spacer.png

The San Francisco Fire have been updated in their original post.

Meanwhile, we've reached the All Star Break! The 2015 USBL All Star Game is this Thursday, June 25. The location and logos will be released soon. Here's a preview of the logo as well as the standings at this point. Looks like you're getting a sneak peek at the markets, too ;). Once again, no suggestions on markets or names. I know what I'm doing, or at least I'd like to think that :P. If you've got questions about your team at this point, I'd love to answer those!

zfp8mBV.png

ngW7TjG.png

5S0qkzA.png

Team #13 will be out...at some point. I'm not entirely happy with it and am going to make some changes, but if I can't get anything right away I'll move the next team up a spot.

spacer.png

I'm curious to see what the Boston Team's color scheme is gonna be~

The thought right now is navy and kelly-ish green, but I'm not set. Does that work?

I am solely going by the assumption that New York is the biggest rival to Boston. So I wouldn't use any black in the uniform. I was thinking like a Navy and White, but a Kelly Green is good.

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

Looks as if my Grizzlies aren't doing so well. On another note, you should alter the schedule so that each team plays 81 games until the All-Star Break.

The thought right now is navy and kelly-ish green, but I'm not set. Does that work?

I am solely going by the assumption that New York is the biggest rival to Boston. So I wouldn't use any black in the uniform. I was thinking like a Navy and White, but a Kelly Green is good.

New York is navy... it is pretty dark, though. Like the Bears or Indians. I thought about using a two color scheme, but I was trying to not make them a Yankees ripoff, which I'd assume Bostonians on here wouldn't appreciate.

spacer.png

And also, do you have a formula for a schedule (if you're implementing one)? I was thinking along the lines of: each team plays 108 games against their division, 54 against the other. Each team plays 12 games against all members of their division, and 5-6 games interleague, playing all teams. Intradivisional match-ups will be all in 3 game series, allowing for 2 home and 2 away. Interleague match-ups would be two 3 game series or a 3 game series with a 2 game series. What do you think? Even though this is fictional, I am definitely having fun thinking about different things for the league.

New York is navy... it is pretty dark, though. Like the Bears or Indians. I thought about using a two color scheme, but I was trying to not make them a Yankees ripoff, which I'd assume Bostonians on here wouldn't appreciate.

Maybe go with the Celtics route and use only Green and White?

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

Looks as if my Grizzlies aren't doing so well. On another note, you should alter the schedule so that each team plays 81 games until the All-Star Break.

The Grizzlies are in an interesting spot. Curry and Layne are starting to carry their weight more, and a 24-year-old Tim Henderson is starting to excel in the #3 pitcher role. It certainly doesn't look like they'll be in the cellar, but I'd expect nothing higher than fourth place come playoffs.

And also, do you have a formula for a schedule (if you're implementing one)? I was thinking along the lines of: each team plays 108 games against their division, 54 against the other. Each team plays 12 games against all members of their division, and 5-6 games interleague, playing all teams. What do you think? Even though this is fictional, I am definitely having fun thinking about different things for the league.

I use OOTP which is why the ASG is in June (believe me, it'd be after 81 games if I knew how to change it). I'm not really going to put a lot of work or anything into the scheduling, but there is a lot of interleague play because there's only 20 teams), though.

spacer.png

Maybe go with the Celtics route and use only Green and White?

I could do that. I don't have much work done on Boston, so I've been trying out a lot of schemes. Black/grey, blue/grey, blue/green, etc. I'm trying to give them a fairly unique scheme, but they are another old team (Est 1930). I'll take any suggestions for colors.

spacer.png

I might be a little late, but I would love to see navy and kelly for Boston.

I like navy and kelly because it gives some uniqueness. Right now (not including Boston), there's 5 primarily red teams, 6 blue, 4 green, 2 brown, 1 black, 1 purple. I don't know if 7 out of 20 is excessive for a single color, but I don't want a black and green team (I have two of those). So any suggestions for a secondary color to kelly green are welcome at this point.

spacer.png

Archived