USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

I don't mind the loop. Considering that it's an old wordmark, it could just be one of those things that may not look the best but has become iconic. Like the Yankees' mismatching NYs or the Tigers' two Ds.

I like Colorado. The crown on the wordmarks looks really nice, and the pinstripes are classy for a team called the Kings.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the original script looks fine. I can definately see where you guys are coming from though. Maybe if you just curve the top right part of the left side of the d down a little bit it would get rid of that effect.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I suppose I could always call it that, an odd quirk that has become unnoticed because of its age. Thanks mbannon!

Team #10 is another Midwest club. It's hard to believe that we're already halfway through, but I suppose I didn't set the bar too high for myself this time :P

spacer.png

If it helps I loop my D's. I think what might also help is curving the top part of the circle down more before it meets the loop instead of having it go in at a 90 degree angle. I did a quick PS paintover as an example.

BaL2yzP.jpg

That does look nice, but to me that looks even more like two separate letters, or at least a c and l that are pushed too close together. I do appreciate your visual, though. That certainly helps me see what you're getting across!

spacer.png

These are all very, very good! Would love to know if there will be one around the Lexington, Kentucky area. Would be great, being that there are no professional sports in the state of Kentucky. (Other than the Louisville Bats-AAA, and the Lexington Legends-A.) Thanks!

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

These are all very, very good! Would love to know if there will be one around the Lexington, Kentucky area. Would be great, being that there are no professional sports in the state of Kentucky. (Other than the Louisville Bats-AAA, and the Lexington Legends-A.) Thanks!

Once again, I'm not taking suggestions. Everything has been set. Thank you.

spacer.png

The Kings make me proud to be a fellow Coloradoan, great job!

Thanks! I was hoping I captured our state without an explicit mountain logo, as that seems to be overplayed in a lot of concepts.

spacer.png

The Kings make me proud to be a fellow Coloradoan, great job!

Thanks! I was hoping I captured our state without an explicit mountain logo, as that seems to be overplayed in a lot of concepts.

Yeah, even in professional sports those mountains are always there. The Kings capture the majesty of our state with a more subtle nod to that America the Beautiful song. Also, that color scheme is one that should be utilized more often in every level of sport.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Still taking anything you have on the Kings, but rolling right along with....

pjlkKQ8.png

Professional baseball in Omaha, Nebraska began in 1924, but was short lived. Omaha Baseball Association became the Omaha Yokes when the USBL was officially formed in 1930. However, the team was not successful, as they were the only franchise out of six never to reach the finale, and eventually folded after the 1936 season. Baseball returned in 1996, and the Cyclones are the newest team in the league, though they still hold to much of the heritage of the Roaring 20s. Their lone title came in their third season of play behind strategic moves from GM Keenan Chester, rookie first baseman Shawn Morrissey, and pitcher Wayne Brogan.

Today, Morrissey still remains as the emotional leader of the club, even as his power is beginning to decline as he turns 39 in July. Emilio Guajardo is the ace and among the league’s hardest throwing pitchers, topping out at 103 mph on multiple occasions. Michael Verdana came over from Jacksonville at the trade deadline in 2013 for Ricky Guererro and has supplied the power that Morrissey has lacked of late, clubbing 68 homers in that span while playing right field.

The Cyclones’ identity is a wonderful blend of old and new. Red and cream were chosen as the colors for the franchise, the same colors used by the Yokes. The modern cap logo compliments the classic cream base and striped socks. The cursive fonts and roundel primary logo round out a classy identity that represents the history of baseball in Nebraska.

Lancaster Ballpark was designed to emulate an old ballpark, like many designed during its era. Brick facades around the outside give it an old-school feel, which blends well with the rest of the team. A twenty-foot-high fence in left field creates tons of doubles and making it a difficult position to play. Right field also has plenty of grass, making Lancaster a good hitters park, in contrast with the Cyclones’ northern neighbors in Des Moines.

3Y85m5C.png

YL0cguS.png

bHdhV8c.png

3N5TBeE.png

Original concept:

3Y85m5C.png

YL0cguS.png

SFHqx7l.png

3N5TBeE.png

C&C appreciated, we made it halfway!

Colorado Kings < Omaha Cyclones > Pittsburgh Flying Shearmen

spacer.png

Mostly everything is good for Omaha. The only thing I don't like is the black outlines around the word marks, as that makes it hard to see. Maybe outline in cream for the away but I'm not sure about the home.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Mostly everything is good for Omaha. The only thing I don't like is the black outlines around the word marks, as that makes it hard to see. Maybe outline in cream for the away but I'm not sure about the home.

See Louisville. I think red and black can work well together, and it would definitely look better in sunlight than on a computer screen.

I think the Cyclone logo on the white alternate won't look as good as the red "O" logo in the same spot.

That's a decent idea. I might give that a shot, that's a good way to incorporate the alternate logo into the set.

spacer.png

Archived