2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

UMass will be honoring basketball HOF inductee and their former head coach John Calipari with a banner raising and jersey retirement ceremony at their game on Wednesday.

They'll be wearing these uniforms to celebrate the occasion!!!

CVYFfcB.jpg

I personally love them, but whatever. I'm not sure if they're true throwbacks or fauxbacks, but they're awesome and I hope they continue wearing them for the rest of the year (They haven't worn an alternate uniform yet and they usually have one). They were also a complete secret until pictures leaked of them practicing in them yesterday.

Also of note, the Athletics Department was planning on selling a bunch of retro merchandise exclusively at the game (to encourage people to go), but the demand was high enough that they began selling it on the website.

I hate that wordmark. So hard to read "mass" without studying it.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UMass will be honoring basketball HOF inductee and their former head coach John Calipari with a banner raising and jersey retirement ceremony at their game on Wednesday.

They'll be wearing these uniforms to celebrate the occasion!!!

CVYFfcB.jpg

I personally love them, but whatever. I'm not sure if they're true throwbacks or fauxbacks, but they're awesome and I hope they continue wearing them for the rest of the year (They haven't worn an alternate uniform yet and they usually have one). They were also a complete secret until pictures leaked of them practicing in them yesterday.

Also of note, the Athletics Department was planning on selling a bunch of retro merchandise exclusively at the game (to encourage people to go), but the demand was high enough that they began selling it on the website.

I hate that wordmark. So hard to read "mass" without studying it.
If these are supposed to be the Marcus Camby era unis then they're off by quite a bit. The shorts had striping on one side and UMass on the left leg on top of a basketball.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

So Michigan State is wearing these tomorrow...

mmpx1686-smalljpg-84e1ba5639222678.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/michigan_state_to_wear_lime_gr.html

From the article:

The uniforms, part of the Nike Hyper Elite Disruption collection, feature lime green uniforms, shorts, socks and shoes. The color has been dubbed "Mean Green."

It will mark the first time this season the Spartans have worn alternate jerseys. The cut and style of the jerseys are otherwise the same from the Spartans' normal uniforms.

That's going to be a hard game to watch.

So there is no other reason for this other than Nike wanting to do something stupid? It's as stupid as it is lame.

MSU's regular uniforms aren't great by any means, I'd kill to have the old set back, but compared to dumb lime green, I'll take our current set. What they should do is make the throwbacks their full time look.

On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jvelleu said:

So Michigan State is wearing these tomorrow...

mmpx1686-smalljpg-84e1ba5639222678.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/michigan_state_to_wear_lime_gr.html

From the article:

At least if they're stuck in the snow storm you'll be able to find them pretty quick.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So I'm guessing since these Michigan State uniforms are part of a "collection", we will be seeing stuff like this from a few other teams as well?          Honestly, I don't think this set looks that bad, but it's not something Michigan State should be wearing. Mean green for mean greens sake?

"The 'Mean Green' represents the shade of green upon the skins of apples ancient Spartans would eat before battles in order to be nourished and energized. The uniforms are representative of a team of modern-day Spartans that is full and ready for battle."

No really, what is this crap Sparty? You look ridiculous. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

"The 'Mean Green' represents the shade of green upon the skins of apples ancient Spartans would eat before battles in order to be nourished and energized. The uniforms are representative of a team of modern-day Spartans that is full and ready for battle."

No really, what is this crap Sparty? You look ridiculous. 

If that's the case, Granny Smith Green would be more appropriate.

3 hours ago, Webfooter said:

What was the point of the lime green uniforms?  They just look odd without some type of reasoning for the color choice.

FinsUp1214 explains it on the top of the page...The Big Ten should have promo'd the game as "the apple game" with MSU playing in their "mean green"and Maryland playing in their red uniforms:P

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived