2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That occured to me too.  Though for any game in which they are the higher seed, they'd probably have to wear white and I doubt they'll have a white version.  They may go with their white primary and their red throwback.

Wisconsin MBB changed its Facebook profile picture from the red throwback jersey to the white primary so I am guessing that starting tonight at Minnesota, they'll be back in their primaries...the red throwback was for Black History Month (honoring the first black head coach in the big ten).

I get a sense that it was pretty well-liked and I hope it can be an inspiration for next year with UA.

Nope...throwbacks again tonight.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

image.jpeg

Can someone explain to me what the design on Nebraska's shorts is? 

Perhaps a salute / fauxback to the '90s?  Right when I saw those shorts, I knew they used that pattern before. I believe they were with Converse back then.

QNXQVCBUUEUUCIV.20090513163122.jpg

Here's a still from UNC-Wilmington (blue) vs. Hofstra (white, also the one that says "Hofstra" across the front) in the CAA title game. UNCW won in overtime. Two good-looking teams---shame Hofstra's place will likely be taken by some short-striped or BFBS monstrosity.

201603071903686393011.jpeg

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Here's a still from UNC-Wilmington (blue) vs. Hofstra (white, also the one that says "Hofstra" across the front) in the CAA title game. UNCW won in overtime. Two good-looking teams---shame Hofstra's place will likely be taken by some short-striped or BFBS monstrosity.

201603071903686393011.jpeg

I really like those UNCW unis.

20 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I really like those UNCW unis.

Me too. With those three colors there's almost no way you can go wrong. They used to wear teal jerseys and those looked good too. Ordinarily I don't like navy blue, but those are really sharp.

1 hour ago, Jacobk817 said:

CdDwl6dXEAI1zh6.jpg

Looks like Wisconsin was unable to avoid the Adidas' Made in March uniforms.

Those stupid shorts stripes! Actually they look better on Wisky than on Louisville or Texas A&M or several other of the schools that wear them, but that's not the point---they're still stupid.

From the Twitter account of the Dayton Associate AD, it looks like we will have new courts for the NCAA tournament this year:

CdHDdA4W4AEAk7M.jpg:large

I'm not a fan of the lack of contrast between the white key and the light wood grain inside the 3-point line, but otherwise, at least this has some personality. Also: Is this the first time since 9/11 the NCAA courts won't have a red, white and blue ribbon?

Archived