2015-16 College hoops


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

From the Twitter account of the Dayton Associate AD, it looks like we will have new courts for the NCAA tournament this year:

 

CdHDdA4W4AEAk7M.jpg:large

 

I'm not a fan of the lack of contrast between the white key and the light wood grain inside the 3-point line, but otherwise, at least this has some personality. Also: Is this the first time since 9/11 the NCAA courts won't have a red, white and blue ribbon?

If they have it this way with the city name on the top side, much improved.  Good for finally seeing which game is which when watching with multiple TV's.  It will never beat the actual arena floors, but this will do.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The shorts look dated, but I think the design is supposed to form a giant "W"...or something. EDIT: someone beat me to it. Dude's beard looks like it's made of the same font.

Oklahoma State will be bringing back the 'Cowboys' script for their game tonight to honor the victims of the team plane crash.            Here's what the fu

Old courts sucked out loud. New ones are better but I still preferred it when they just played at the sites normal court. Gave each site its own distinct personality. 

Posted Images

The only thing I wonder is since they are now promoting this as the "First Four" and going back to calling it the First Round and Second Round, will the rest of the floors be like this or is this a special floor, like the Final Four in an effort to brand the "First Four?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2016 at 6:31 PM, Jacobk817 said:

CdDwl6dXEAI1zh6.jpg

Looks like Wisconsin was unable to avoid the Adidas' Made in March uniforms.

That's not even a bad uniform. Honestly, the crotch stripes don't bother me. You people are just overreacting over how bad you think these uniforms are. They're not great by any means, but they aren't bad either. They're just kinda average. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2016 at 6:31 PM, Jacobk817 said:

CdDwl6dXEAI1zh6.jpg

Looks like Wisconsin was unable to avoid the Adidas' Made in March uniforms.

 

Really dumb.  But still better than last year's:

 

Sam+Dekker+NCAA+Men+Final+Four+Semifinal

 

 

The giant white stripe made it look like their shorts were hanging low and their undies were sticking out.  At least the little red stripe in the 2016 set minimizes that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

That's not even a bad uniform. Honestly, the crotch stripes don't bother me. You people are just overreacting over how bad you think these uniforms are. They're not great by any means, but they aren't bad either. They're just kinda average. 

I personally don't think they look THAT bad. The shoulder inserts bother me more, aesthetically. The real problem I have, and I think others feel the same way, is the templates that adidas/nike/whoever pushes upon all programs at the same time. Is this a bad look? Not really, for the right program. When every school playing has a similar setup then, yeah, it's a bad look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gashousegang said:

The only thing I wonder is since they are now promoting this as the "First Four" and going back to calling it the First Round and Second Round, will the rest of the floors be like this or is this a special floor, like the Final Four in an effort to brand the "First Four?"

the first round is back? thats wonderful news. It was so dumb seeing what was the first round for the majority of teams be labeled as the second and third rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wisconsin played in the white version of those Made in March uniforms.  They said "Badgers" on the chest.  "Badgers" at home and "Wisconsin" on the road.  Had they won, I'd be calling that pointless for uniforms worn entirely at neutral sites, but it looks like the Badgers will be hosting an NIT game, so i guess it works.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Purdue wearing special uniforms for this tourney? I swear I saw Michigan play them earlier in the season but this is the first time I'm noticing these Pistol Pete-era Hawks-ish unis. I think they're pretty sharp in white and black, a way to do something funky with the shorts that doesn't look like the players were lined up on the ground before the game and run over by a Jeep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

Is Purdue wearing special uniforms for this tourney? I swear I saw Michigan play them earlier in the season but this is the first time I'm noticing these Pistol Pete-era Hawks-ish unis. I think they're pretty sharp in white and black, a way to do something funky with the shorts that doesn't look like the players were lined up on the ground before the game and run over by a Jeep.

 

I think so.  I like the return of the block wordmark...the black stripe across the shorts is not great, but could be much worse.

 

635933125050301692-PUvsILL-2ndHalf-MM-00

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

Is Purdue wearing special uniforms for this tourney? I swear I saw Michigan play them earlier in the season but this is the first time I'm noticing these Pistol Pete-era Hawks-ish unis. I think they're pretty sharp in white and black, a way to do something funky with the shorts that doesn't look like the players were lined up on the ground before the game and run over by a Jeep.

They are throwbacks from the Glenn Robinson era, specifically his Junior season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

They are throwbacks from the Glenn Robinson era, specifically his Junior season.

I immediately recognized them as throwbacks to that era.  For some reason, those uniforms are still in my mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Fresno State was wearing these throwback unis as the #2 MWC tournament seed. 

 

w620-96456cdb2bbd5196364066f22450bfeb_zp

 

Unsure if there is a road red or navy. Nothing on Instragram or Twitter for today.

That is really really REALLY small number and wordmark.

 

I'm just watching Tulane vs Memphis and Tulane looks awful. Grey catalog uniforms with Michigan state font and shoulder panels

Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM, dfwabel said:

Fresno State was wearing these throwback unis as the #2 MWC tournament seed. 

 

w620-96456cdb2bbd5196364066f22450bfeb_zp

 

Unsure if there is a road red or navy. Nothing on Instragram or Twitter for today.

Fresno State has actually worn these all season, hence the reason there was nothing on social media. They aren't throwbacks, just very strange regular uniforms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.