2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/7/2016 at 11:38 PM, mjd77 said:

I really like those UNCW unis.

'They're using the Washington Wizards' blue alts template to good effect.  The yoke doesn't come down as far; that's about it.

DSC_5986-L.jpg otoo.jpg

There aren't that many examples of college hoops programs using distinctive NBA designs as templates...are there?

7 hours ago, keynote said:

'They're using the Washington Wizards' blue alts template to good effect.  The yoke doesn't come down as far; that's about it.

DSC_5986-L.jpg otoo.jpg

There aren't that many examples of college hoops programs using distinctive NBA designs as templates...are there?

I seem to recall a school using the previous Hawks template (pretty sure it was the Hawks, although it could've been the Clippers.)

Somebody have an idea of what school it was?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I mostly like the new courts, except for the key paint. The keys are far too light (almost white), and result in three different wood stains being used on the court. I would have painted the keys with the accent color used for the venue instead.

I never was fond of the old blue-on-black courts. They were bland to the point of lacking any personality, and seemed designed to be as neutral as humanly possible. They were also a bit difficult to read - blue does not work well on a black background (especially sans any outlines).

Note to the NFL: this is how you build a consistent identity for your marquee event, without it being painfully bland or devoid of anything reflecting the host city,

On March 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM, LEWJ said:

I seem to recall a school using the previous Hawks template (pretty sure it was the Hawks, although it could've been the Clippers.)

Somebody have an idea of what school it was?

I believe it was Winthrop, but the resident expert can confirm or deny that.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

To the people who want the courts to be the home court in the stadium; it's not going to happen. As bad as I want it to happen, it just won't. I went to the games in Oklahoma City yesterday, and ALL sponsors not affiliated with the NCAA was covered up. Even the Thunder logos. I can't imagine the NCAA completely reversing that rule. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

2 hours ago, Thad said:

I believe it was Winthrop, but the resident expert can confirm or deny that.

You're correct! Hawks-style uniform and font. (After seeing multiple pics, it looks like the Bucks number font too.)

andre_smith_2013_11_16.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I was watching some of the Auburn WBB game the other day. The game was played on Baylor's home court, with the only change being the NCAA logo inside the arch. It looked horrendous. Two teams (St Johns being the opponent) that don't match the aesthetic of the court whatsoever. The best part of the NCAA's courts, for the most part, is that it's neutral and doesn't completely match many teams. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived