2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

Does anyone have a list of the schools who have uniform contracts that are expiring within the next few years?

i know Wisconsin will be making the switch to under armour after this school year, but I am unsure who else is coming to the end.
I also know some teams have signed extensions with apparel companies recently too.

In class we have been talking about how "newer" companies (i.e. Under Armour) have been trying to compete by making deal and/or offers to large brands such as Notre Dame, Texas (who opted back with nike), and The Rock. I wonder which schools could be Under Armour's next target

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas in 2019. Nike hasn't shown much interest in matching adidas in the last couple contracts. I don't blame them as they already have Carolina, Duke, UConn, etc when it comes to blue blood programs and KU has been historically bad in football for over five years now. I could see Under Armour getting involved as having one of the top five basketball programs in the country would be a nice feather in their cap to go along with having the most popular player currently in the nba. Also, Gear4Sports which i believe is a subsidiary of UA is headquartered in Kansas. Few years away yet though but might be something to watch. 

32 minutes ago, Ben5 said:
2 hours ago, Hambone792 said:

Does anyone have a list of the schools who have uniform contracts that are expiring within the next few years?

i know Wisconsin will be making the switch to under armour after this school year, but I am unsure who else is coming to the end.
I also know some teams have signed extensions with apparel companies recently too.

In class we have been talking about how "newer" companies (i.e. Under Armour) have been trying to compete by making deal and/or offers to large brands such as Notre Dame, Texas (who opted back with nike), and The Rock. I wonder which schools could be Under Armour's next target

32 minutes ago, Ben5 said:

UA is going to go after nearly every Power 5 school that they can in the next few years. I heard UCLA is coming up soon.

UCLA is the biggest name whose contract is up in 2017.

2018 may have Oklahoma, North Carolina and Nebraska*.

*-Nebraska may be 2017 if it is retroactive to the start of fiscal 2012.

Portland Business Journal has a database of about 90 public universities and is updates when the school complies with the request for the contract. Private schools as well as Pitt and Penn State do not have to comply with their requests. 

thanks for that contract info and insight !

i am very intrigued by how the monster that is Nike deals with bidding wars over existing properties.

UNC specifically interests me, I see Nike holding on due to the Jordan connection...then again Kevin Durant turned down a monster UA deal in favor of staying Nike, and Nike chose not to outbid adidas for Miami so strange things can happen.

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

I see ND sticking with the white uniforms after two straight wins in them. The popularity of the gold set came in last year's ACC/NCAA run, but after the blowout to Carolina in the ACC tourney I'm thinking they may have retired them for the season.

12 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going with their white Disruption uniforms tonight.

4416333.jpg

As they noted on Twitter, they are doing it in part to match the new Nike shoes they got yesterday (all the Nike teams remaining in the tournament got special edition white Nike shoes):

image.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.47b79c159c0dcfe68f7d3ca

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I'm probably late to this but who's Pearl that was on 'Cuse warmups?

Pearl Washington, 80s Syracuse star.  Has cancer.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

Buffalo is dropping their "State University of New York" wordmark. They've unveiled new wordmarks, as well as a new "spirit mark".

14890_athletics_logot.jpg

Below is my original post in the College Football Uniform thread, with a link to the story:

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived