2015 College Football Schedule Posters

Lights Out

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OCPFJCJPPBQAEBM.20150730173608.jpg

Way too much going on for my taste.

The angle the photographer used gives the impression that either the players look like little kids, or they have huge heads. Either way, not very flattering. Not to mention it's a completely different perspective than that of Chief Osceola and Renegade.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

MNCJFHJZZGJVNOW.20150806131459.jpg

Bayou Jim, where did you get that-- online? I know the actual posters usually aren't released until Fan Day, and then a few days later I always work out a trip up to LADOTD for a meeting and then pick up a few at the Sports Information office. Yearly ritual.
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=324418

It's available for pre-order online but won't be made available until fan day.

We've played almost all the non-Big 12 Texas schools the past 3 years. I suppose we could have traded Ball State out for UNT. I don't see UH and A&M scheduling a game while sumlin is coach. We sure as hell aren't going to play Texas State while Fran is their coach.

These aren't college, but our local high school, Mingo Central (WV).

MC2015PosterFinalFinished_zpsdgktxx2b.jp

WeMoveMountainsAltMC2015Poster%201_zps1y

Those are really damn cool, especially for a high school. But "The Dots" is one hell of a nickname. Upon further research, it is Poca High School, and the name has some historical context: "'The Dot' mascot was first referenced in 1928, during a storming football game when a reporter exclaimed, 'they look like a bunch of red polka dots running around the field!' The name stuck and is still currently used." (from Wikipedia)

I just cannot help but notice that the first one has not one, but two blatant rip-offs of Wisconsin's logo for their opponents.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

I just cannot help but notice that the first one has not one, but two blatant rip-offs of Wisconsin's logo for their opponents.

Don't forget the ripoffs of Miami (OH), the Cleveland Indians, and the Husky logo from Washington.

We've played almost all the non-Big 12 Texas schools the past 3 years. I suppose we could have traded Ball State out for UNT. I don't see UH and A&M scheduling a game while sumlin is coach. We sure as hell aren't going to play Texas State while Fran is their coach.

To be fair, playing Texas State probably isn't part of the SEC's plan to have their teams play 1 Power 5 team. Franchione's been gone how long? If you won't play teams because an Aggie coach is or was there you run the risk of a schedule like Baylor's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Don't forget the ripoffs of Miami (OH), the Cleveland Indians, and the Husky logo from Washington.

Poca High for the win, though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived