Lion Concept

Vicious

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got a great start here. Two things I would change. Lions' manes extend further above their head, like in this picturelion_mane_eyes_waiting_big_cat_carnivore

Extending the mane further up, and removing the two highlights coming from the jaw will help to take away the bear vibe

Thanks guys. Here was the concept 1 round of revisions ago. http://rs74.pbsrc.com/albums/i258/dcards51/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-04-09-14-08-40-1_zpsehmwtb7e.png~320x480

I wanted to integrate the head and the mane more to make it look less like they were two Seperate elements.

I've also been stuck on the tufts of hair on the head mimicking a crown, but I suppose it's time to ditch that idea.

Picture21.png

I think the original was better.. I actually like the highlights/shadows on the jaw and cheeks but maybe the rounder outer part of the jaw/cheeks should be shaped more like the shadows to give a narrower face appearance.. Also, making the ears slightly more triangular may help since bears have round fuzzy ears..

looks like a bear with a mane.

Great. Now I'll never be able to unsee that.

In all seriousness, this is pretty good, I actually prefer the one you posted here, but I do agree with the other comments about the mane being above the head and fixing the heart-shaped nose.

spacer.png

My first impression on this was it looks great. But by looking at it more, I can see how some people see a Bear face, which now is also stuck in my head. I find more of an issue in the nose colour than the shape itself. You have an all round two tone colour scheme with the golden yellow and royal purple, do added a lighter purple just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe remove that, and replace it with shadowing. It would also be nice to see the mane symmetrical, but I like your idea too.

And correct as many have said, extend the mane further over the head.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Yeah I agree. The symmetrical mane looks forced, and anatomically incorrect. the other one IMO looks better and I like a more flowing, more mane-y mane. (tell me if I make no sense, I'm sick today)

tinysig.jpg

Hey, sorry for the delay. I think i made pretty positive tweaks to the face and nose. Definitely less "bear-ish".

Still trying to get the eyes and the mane right. Let me know what you think.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%201.16.5

Can this be the lion that Orlando city uses? Please?

spacer.png

Hey, sorry for the delay. I think i made pretty positive tweaks to the face and nose. Definitely less "bear-ish".

Still trying to get the eyes and the mane right. Let me know what you think.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%201.16.5

Can this be the lion that Orlando city uses? Please?

I second that!

Archived