Lion Concept

Vicious

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the latest. I think it is getting closer. I feel that almost all of the strokes could be more dynamic. It seems rather bland and fixed-width right now.

Going to go back into it and re-trace and re-imagine every line.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-15%20at%208.01.1

Picture21.png

I think, based on what you've said, you know this already, but definitely part of it is the contrast in the purple stroke on the main being so stagnant and fixed vs the purple strokes of the face being so much more dynamic. The face is very solid. I also quite liked the "crown" you had going on. It read properly, in my opinion. But for the rest of it asymmetry looks better thus far.

VERY solid work. Keep it up.

A couple suggestions I'd throw out would be to try to simplify the detail in the ears and keep the nose a single color since that lighter purple isn't anywhere else. I also agree with what other people are saying and put more in the mane. I liked having the lines extending towards the face like you had on a couple earlier ones. But these are just little picky things, awesome design!

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Here is a peek at my art board.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-16%20at%209.00.5

As you can see, I have really modified the face, and I like the direction that is going, but I cannot for the life of me get the mane to interact well with it.

(note that the yellow shapes are just there as guides)

I definitely dont want it to just be a ring around the face like I have been making it. Any tips would be great.

Thanks.

Picture21.png

Oh, boy, those are great! I disagree with Jake, the face gives the lion a regal look, but I would remove the small purple lines underneath the eyes

I agree, the purple lines make him look groggy and tired. If you remove them, you've already got a strong enough eye shape to work with.

spacer.png

I think that because the whole face is symmetric, the bottom of the mane should be symmetric as well. Right now, it doesn't look right when it flows to the left side. Keeping it symmetric will make the whole logo connect more. Also, I think a thicker purple stroke only under the chin and cheek areas will make a shadow that will make your face to mane transition smoother. Does this make sense?

spacer.png

I like the mane too on this one, but not on top of the head. This look here..

Alright, it is starting to get there. Still not in love with the mane, but I think it's the best one so far.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-17%20at%202.56.2

..with more of the below mane top..

Hey, sorry for the delay. I think i made pretty positive tweaks to the face and nose. Definitely less "bear-ish".

Still trying to get the eyes and the mane right. Let me know what you think.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%201.16.5

..I think would look the best. A nice, regal look up top to go along with the more natural mane you made on the bottom.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Here is a peek at my art board.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-16%20at%209.00.5

As you can see, I have really modified the face, and I like the direction that is going, but I cannot for the life of me get the mane to interact well with it.

(note that the yellow shapes are just there as guides)

I definitely dont want it to just be a ring around the face like I have been making it. Any tips would be great.

Thanks.

That face looks really nice. I would print it out a few times and work on the shape of the mane by hand with pencil.

I don't like the purple ears. They stand out too much. I like it better when the ears blend in with/hide in the mane (similar to the photo in the earlier post). Great job on the new face. The bold lines are great. I also like that you are not using an attacking teeth bearing big cat

Thanks for the insight guys. I think I'm going to copy the right side of the mane and duplicate it on the left, and maybe remove the ears altogether, as they are far too prominent. Update to follow soon.

Picture21.png

I think I'm going to copy the right side of the mane and duplicate it on the left,\

NONONONONONO! IMO this looks better asymmetrical and I like the idea of a flowing mane. too symmetrical and it looks weird and fake

tinysig.jpg

I think you could even play with a more structured mane and make the crown more obvious at the top.

I'd like to see the symmetrical idea that JH360 suggested. I think you're going to find some strength there. Throwing some yellow on the ears might help too.

Archived