Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These playoffs are gonna be VERY interesting for a variety of reasons:

No Boston/LA and Chicago not exactly on fire right now means this could be the year of the peasants uprising in the playoffs.

Of the 8 East playoff teams, only Pittsburgh has won a Cup since the 2005 lockout- and they are limping into the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see how the Penguins do this time with the pressure off them this year IMO.

Other than the Pens, I can see anyone else making the Finals.

Hell, I think it Calgary gets by Vancouver, it might be 1989 all over again.

No Boston/LA and Chicago not exactly on fire right now means this could be the year of the peasants uprising in the playoffs.

Yes, without them in the way, we'll be focusing on the President's Trophy/defending conference champion Rangers, the Canucks, the Penguins, the Capitals, and the Ducks. A thousand dismissive wanking motions to you and yours this hockey-holiday season.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Calgary is the worst team in the field (though Anaheim's +7 differential on the year raises my eyebrow). Let's reel it in here.

Fair enough, but who doesn't like a good Cinderella story? Been a while since we had one.

Calgary is the worst team in the field (though Anaheim's +7 differential on the year raises my eyebrow). Let's reel it in here.

Fair enough, but who doesn't like a good Cinderella story? Been a while since we had one.

We had one just 3 years ago.

So I see smarminess and snakiness dissolves into saltiness when the house of cards comes crumbling down. Good to know.

----

My thoughts:

Quack.

Flames in 6

Blues in 6

Blackhawks in 6

Canadiens in 5

Lightning in 5

Rangers in 7

Capitals in 7

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

WINNIPEG MIGHT AS WELL BE IN THE GADDAMN SMYTHE DIVISION FERCRISSAKES

Home games at 8:30 to accommodate Orange County audiences. That or the Jets got moved to Phoenix again.

USA Network should have gotten the whole NHL package as soon as Comcast and NBC merged. Nobody cares about NBCSN, and nobody cares about Burn Notice.

Archived