Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackhawks look about as flat and disheveled as you can get. I just want this one to be over. Maybe they'll play worth a damn with the season on the line tomorrow.

Edit: Of course

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blackhawks look about as flat and disheveled as you can get. I just want this one to be over. Maybe they'll play worth a damn with the season on the line tomorrow.

Edit: Of course

I'm sorry, Andy, but reading that cracked me up. Your doom and gloom posts make the playoffs 17% more enjoyable for me. Hang in there. There's still a lot of hockey to be played in this one. I think your boys close it out tonight.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

YES WE HAVE ERASED THE SINS OF JOEL QUENNEVILLE, MICHAL ROZSIVAL, AND SCOTT DARLING

p2LkD2t.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It'd be nice to see the Blackhawks be more like the old Bulls and just finish a team off with no mercy. They always try to get away with doing as little as possible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, unless St. Louis wins the next 2 games, not only will the NHL Central Division higher seeds be 0-4 since the playoff format was changed, but we'll get a Wild-Blackhawks round 2 rematch and their third straight playoff rematch overall.

Under the old 1-8 playoff format, Nashville and Chicago would have been the #3 and #4 seeds. Meanwhile, Vancouver or Calgary- #6 and #8, respectively- will make the next round.

Divisional playoffs suck.

I'm so glad this series is over, but the prospect of playing STL or MIN doesn't exactly fill me with joy. Blues, Wild, please beat the holy piss out of one another for as long as you like.

twitter

Hawks are going to the Western Conference Finals again. I don't see the winner of the St-Louis/Minnesota series having a chance against the Hawks. Neither of them.

But both of them are better than the Hawks. They have six defensemen each, for instance. They also don't have Kris Versteeg.

Aside from getting to chirp the gasconading dopes of Perd Nation, I feel no joy from this series win. No joy. It's just relief that the Blackhawks didn't get bounced in the first to a much greener team. Yeah, I know this was technically an upset, but let's not kid ourselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived