Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I've got:

First Round

St. Louis 4, Minnesota 2

Nashville 4, Chicago 3

Anaheim 4, Winnipeg 2

Vancouver 4, Calgary 1

Montreal 4, Ottawa 3

Tampa Bay 4, Detroit 1

NY Rangers 4, Pittsburgh 0

NY Islanders 4, Washington 2

Second Round

St. Louis 4, Nashville 2

Vancouver 4, Anaheim 2

Tampa Bay 4, Montreal 3

NY Islanders 4, NY Rangers 3

Conference Finals

St. Louis 4, Vancouver 2

NY Islanders 4, Tampa Bay 2

Stanley Cup Finals

St. Louis 4, NY Islanders 3

Conn Smythe Trophy: John Tavares (NYI)

All in all, I'm expecting a very good playoffs.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a load of Hooterville, everyone!

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2015/04/12/nashville-predators-national-anthem-chicago-blackhawks/25684973/

Many Predators fans, however, consider Chicago's tradition to be disrespectful, and don't appreciate the frequently large number of Blackhawks fans making so much noise during the anthem in an opposing city.

In one of Chicago's two visits here during the regular season, the Predators chose to play "God Bless America" instead of the national anthem before the game, hoping it would quiet Blackhawks fans.

But Predators president Sean Henry said the anthem will be played — with a slight twist — prior to the games against Chicago.

Instead of the customary practice of having an artist sing the anthem, the Predators will have an artist ask the entire Bridgestone Arena crowd to sing it. The Preds chose that strategy in their last two regular-season home games, with Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels, respectively, asking Nashville fans to carry the song.

"All the eyes were on them, and they both said, `Hey, we're in Music City and we all love America, so I'm not singing the anthem for you. Let's sing it together,'" Henry said. "When you have 17,000 people singing the anthem, I don't think there's anything more powerful. It's really been pretty special the last two games, so hopefully we'll build on that tradition through the playoffs."

Will it stop Blackhawks fans from clapping and cheering during the anthem here?

"It would almost be against God, country and apple pie to shout and cheer through the person next to you singing the anthem of the United States of America, wouldn't it?" Henry said.

GOD, COUNTRY, AND APPLE PIE. I hope the road fans cheer louder than ever. :censored: your god and :censored: your pie.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All I want out of these playoffs are the Islanders to end their pesky 21 year series win drought and then proceed to not lose to the Rangers in the final game at the Coliseum so I don't have to hear for years to come about how the Rangers closed the Coliseum.

Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't be too upset if the Islanders say "We're good" and call it a year if they beat the Caps and the Rangers beat Pittsburgh.

I just want a good long playoff run to close out the Coli. I'm sure there'll be a number of heart attacks along the way the way these guys play. I'm going to try and dig up my "Drive For Five" bumper sticker from the early 80's.

Boston winning the presidents trophy is a bit of stretch, but I don't blame him for putting them near the top. I don't think many predicted them missing the playoffs entirely...

also important to note. they missed the playoffs by ONLY having 96 points.

In any other year, they would have been in.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2015/04/12/nashville-predators-national-anthem-chicago-blackhawks/25684973/

GOD, COUNTRY, AND APPLE PIE. I hope the road fans cheer louder than ever. :censored: your god and :censored: your pie.

Things are getting a little salty between Admiral and Nashville.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Many Predators fans, however, consider Chicago's tradition to be disrespectful, and don't appreciate the frequently large number of Blackhawks fans making so much noise during the anthem in an opposing city.

In one of Chicago's two visits here during the regular season, the Predators chose to play "God Bless America" instead of the national anthem before the game, hoping it would quiet Blackhawks fans.

But Predators president Sean Henry said the anthem will be played with a slight twist prior to the games against Chicago.

Instead of the customary practice of having an artist sing the anthem, the Predators will have an artist ask the entire Bridgestone Arena crowd to sing it. The Preds chose that strategy in their last two regular-season home games, with Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels, respectively, asking Nashville fans to carry the song.

"All the eyes were on them, and they both said, `Hey, we're in Music City and we all love America, so I'm not singing the anthem for you. Let's sing it together,'" Henry said. "When you have 17,000 people singing the anthem, I don't think there's anything more powerful. It's really been pretty special the last two games, so hopefully we'll build on that tradition through the playoffs."

"It would almost be against God, country and apple pie to shout and cheer through the person next to you singing the anthem of the United States of America, wouldn't it?" Henry said.

Don't be surprised if you get struck by lightning.

But Predators president Sean Henry said the anthem will be played with a slight twist prior to the games against Chicago.

Don't be surprised if you get struck by lightning.

Sadly thanks to deregulation they have rolling blackouts in Heaven. The Precision-Guided Lightning Machine has been out of commission for some time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The astonishing insecurity of Nashville Predators management is my main source of sustenance these next two weeks. They're going to stage an empty arena match at some point next season to keep out these evil free-spending Blackhawks fans, I swear.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Apologies if this was posted. I might have lost it in all of the predictions:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150414/west-loop/nashville-predators-stubhub-at-odds-over-blackhawk-tickets

The Predators want to restrict entry of PDF tickets to only those that match the name on a credit card presented at the gate.

Anyone who uses StubHub knows ... that's a problem. And of course that company is fighting it.

All to keep Blackhawks fans out. This beats the also-ridiculous anthem issue in my book.

Apologies if this was posted. I might have lost it in all of the predictions:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150414/west-loop/nashville-predators-stubhub-at-odds-over-blackhawk-tickets

The Predators want to restrict entry of PDF tickets to only those that match the name on a credit card presented at the gate.

Anyone who uses StubHub knows ... that's a problem. Any of course that company is fighting it.

All to keep Blackhawks fans out. This beats the also-ridiculous anthem issue in my book.

The astonishing insecurity of Nashville Predators management is my main source of sustenance these next two weeks. They're going to stage an empty arena match at some point next season to keep out these evil free-spending Blackhawks fans, I swear.

How soon until the Predators try to move to the eastern conference?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived