Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only twice has a team down 3-0 forced game 7 ON THEIR HOME ICE: the 1942 Leafs/1945 Red Wings.

It's interesting, for all the other times this situation has happened, the team that was up had home ice for game 7.

[cut that first part - that was stupid.]

Montreal has obliterated Tampa Bay this entire series. The results in Tampa were even worse for the Lightning than the results in Montreal. Jon Cooper and the coaching staff has shown zero ability to adjust to the opposition over the course of three playoff series' played in the past two seasons; Michel Therrien is widely ridiculed across the league, and for good reason, yet this is the second straight season that Therrien and his staff have skated circles around Cooper and his staff. Mike Babcock did the same and it took a couple miracles for the Lightning to escape that series, too.

If Tampa Bay escapes this series, then whatever, but it would be one cruel result for the Canadiens. It would mean a weaker team would be playing deeper into the playoffs, denying neutral fans of the ability to see the best hockey games they can see. I'm absolutely soured on this Lightning team at present. Until Cooper cuts it out with his stubbornness, then the Lightning's regular season metrics and postseason metrics will always be at odds.

spacer.png

Looks like the Hawks, Habs and Rags are destined to return to the final four <_<

I hope you're right about the Habs. Rangers, I definitely think you're right. No faith in this Capitals team even though I'd like to see them win.

Capitals and Bolts got this. I'm not so sure about the Ducks, but that could just be wishful thinking.

The Flames making the semifinals would be a boon for a whole host of teams who would move up a slot in the draft with the Flames going from 15 to 27-30. Nashville could move from 25 to 22 with the Flames, Caps, and Hawks moving on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived