Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I just heard MSG say that watching these games were "almost like watching soccer"

Sure, if the soccer you're watching has 80 shots a game, extremely high tempo, and sudden death overtime.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a lot of obstruction. The third period was basically two teams trying not to make any mistakes. I'm not surprised the Rangers were the team to score coming out of the Capitals early OT barrage. If a team weathers the early storm it always feels like they'll come back to win it.

Has he used the word "sauteed" to describe a pass yet? I feel like that's coming.

He dropped a "firewagon change" in there at one point during OT.

I like Emrick. I fully understand why some might find him tiresome, but I think he stays on the endearing side for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I dunno, you guys. I've picked Los Angeles-Chicago for the WCF in the past two seasons and been right both times, so I'm picking that matchup to happen again, and won't admit to being wrong until that matchup fails to happen.

If Arte Moreno is to be believed, I am, once again, correct in picking this WCF matchup.

spacer.png

Bolts have won all three meetings against the Rangers this season (one at home, two on the road) by a combined score of 15-7.

Hawks are 2-1 against the Ducks, with only the road teams winning in that season series. Winner average 3 goals a game, loser averaged 0.67.

Whoever wins the goaltending matchup in the Western series will probably win it. I like Chicago's chances in this category, but a bet on Andersen to slip is not safe based on how he's playing. Anaheim's also had the much easier route to the conference finals, but as long as they (and Boudreau) are prepared it should be a tight series. Chicago would be my personal pick.

Despite the season series, I have a gut feeling that the Rangers will advance. If one of Johnson/Stamkos dries up for even a couple of games I have no doubt that Lundqvist will be able to shut down the Lightning. However this series might also be close, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Tampa advances.

Predictions: Hawks in 5, Rangers in 7.

Side note: every year in which Patrick Kane scores more than a point per game the Hawks have won the stanley cup, and he scored 64 in 61 this season.

There should be a Geico commercial with the Washington Capitals and saying choking in the playoffs that is what you do when you are a Capital

15 minutes could save you 15 years or more of playoff failures

Positive: With the Ducks making the conference final, they finally get to be on the big NBC for weekend games!

Negative: NBC plays morning/afternoon weekend games. Sunday's Game 1 is at 12 Noon Pacific time... NOON!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sunday's Game 1 is at 12 Noon Pacific time... NOON!

How's that any different from 12:30 Eastern games with the Penguins, Rangers, Flyers, etc.?

You don't understand. They are California. They are special. Their minor league teams get to play fewer games than the rest of the league because of their specialness.
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

...yeah that's it.

Yes, the NBC Seven do it all the time, sure. This isn't a common thing for us West Coasters.

The Ducks do one 1 pm local start a year. (Black Friday in November. Coincidentally, usually against the Blackhawks.) The Kings do it a couple times, usually because of the Clippers/Lakers. Idk if San Jose does it. All I was saying was it's not something we're exactly used to.

The only slight concern I have is that the team isn't used to it either, so hopefully that doesn't mess them up. (No I'm not preemptively calling for a scheduling loss :P )

Just one game anyways.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Californias are always buzzed in the morning so what is like 1 PM to the rest of us is like the crack of dawn for them, they tend to wake up around 3 or 4 on weekends. :P

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tied for first in the Bracket Challenge, so that's pretty nice.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived