Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Maybe you're hearing how great Toews is because he scored back-to-back goals out of the gate in a road game 7. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should do it.

Lightning will draw 4th straight original 6 team.

If you squint, they've all looked like Original 6 matchups :P

6th straight actually, with Montreal in 2014 and Boston in 2011

Ooh, good catch. I didn't even think of that. Tampa playing four Original Six teams in one postseason is really gonna do a lot for Sunbelt Solidarity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

At this point I have no idea what is and is not a distinct kicking motion because I was certain Marian Hossa distinctively kicked that.

I think the rule is you're allowed to do it if you don't play for the Columbus Blue Jackets. That must be it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I just had to explain to a Blackhawks fan next to me (who showed up without any Hawks gear, tried to buy some at the team store, couldn't, and I guess bought the Kane jersey off someone back in the 1st intermission) why the Chicago player didn't come out of the box when Kesler scored 4-on-4.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

At this point I have no idea what is and is not a distinct kicking motion because I was certain Marian Hossa distinctively kicked that.

I think the rule is you're allowed to do it if you don't play for the Columbus Blue Jackets. That must be it.

That rule really should be modified to "no goal if puck is directed in by an offensive player's leg/foot that isn't stationary". It's hockey, not soccer. Yeah, Hossa's skate didn't leave the ice, but his skate was moving towards the net. You can kick without your foot leaving the surface.

That rule really should be modified to "no goal if puck is directed in by an offensive player's leg/foot that isn't stationary". It's hockey, not soccer. Yeah, Hossa's skate didn't leave the ice, but his skate was moving towards the net. You can kick without your foot leaving the surface.

I agree with that rule modification.

I don't think Hossa kicked it intentionally, but it certainly looked like a "distinct kicking motion" to me.

Can't wait until the salary cap turns Chicago into just another team.

I've had enough of hearing how great Toews and Kane are.

The attitude of "we shouldn't celebrate greatness" is a scourge on North American hockey culture.

I want to see others be great.

Back in the day, how many hockey fans basically were tired of Montreal winning all the time?

Blackhawks fans suffered for almost 50 years. Let them enjoy it. If it wasn't for them, we might be looking at a repeat of 2007.

5-2. Game, set, match.

Let me remind everyone that Boudreau has experience in choking: 2010 Capitals, 2014 Ducks, etc.

spacer.png

Watching these last few minutes, it's looking more and more to me that the Ducks look like 6 individual players trying to do something. The Hawks look like a team.

PP now for the Ducks. May actually be an advantage for the Hawks b/c of the no icing.

1 or 2 is feasible, but not 3.

spacer.png

Archived